Saturday, August 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Resistance is futile."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

This is what Shadow Lass' costume should look like.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:33 pm

doombug wrote:You honestly believe saying "neo-legion" is easier to say than current legion?
:smt011

It's funny to hear someone who spends so much time meticulously respelling curse words bitching about how exhausting it is to use the word current instead of neo. :lol:

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:35 pm

doombug wrote:You honestly believe saying "neo-legion" is easier to say than current legion?
:smt011

"Neo-classic" describes the "current" Legion better. It refers to the current continuity which more closely resembles the "original" timeline than the other reboots, with certain notable differences.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:51 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
"Neo-classic" describes the "current" Legion better. It refers to the current continuity which more closely resembles the "original" timeline than the other reboots, with certain notable differences.

It really doesn't. You're seriously the only person on the internet who thinks it does.

Current Legion is current Legion man.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:18 pm

The Nacireman wrote:Look, neo-classic is just a shorter term for "current Legion continuity that resembles the original continuity, but has multiple major and minor deviations from said original continuity."

If you can come up with a better term for the current crew that isn't clunky or mocking either the team or myself, let me know.

Fourboot.

Modern.

:smt102

I've no problem with Neo-Classic, but I do tend to think more of the Adventure Comics era when I hear of it.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Timbales wrote:I might make a Shadow Lad dressed in a speedo, harness and cape.

:-D

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Personally I tend to break it down as whatever is present, is either "modern" or "current" or "contemporary", no matter what it is. Legion, continuity or comics/publisher eras.

For the LoSH, I tend to see as major era/continuities with sub era/continuities. Just to define any differences.

1st/Classic/Original/Pre-Zero Hour (Has a serious of subs)
2nd/Reboot/Archie/Post-Zero Hour
3rd/Threeboot/Waid
4th/Modern/Current/Contemporary/Neo Classic (Could have a sub, given the altered con of the New52)

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:26 am

The Nacireman wrote:

No Current describes the "Current" Legion. :smt102

Doozer

cheese

Postby Doozer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:07 am

It's mainstream wankoff material like this that makes me realize why people think comics are for teens with pimply faces and sweaty (hairy?) palms.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 am

Doozer wrote:It's mainstream wankoff material like this that makes me realize why people think comics are for teens with pimply faces and sweaty (hairy?) palms.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:30 pm

Hmmm, this is interesting. But I'm not quite sure it's what I'd want to see Shady in it.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm

This is so close to being Saturn Girl's old costume that it isn't funny.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:58 pm

The Nacireman wrote:This is so close to being Saturn Girl's old costume that it isn't funny.

Zhang Ziyi is also reading your mind... and she won't allow you to think any further until you cough up $2 million. :P

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:07 pm

The Nacireman wrote:This is so close to being Saturn Girl's old costume that it isn't funny.

Yum.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Manly yum :lol:

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:36 pm

This thread.. :?

leave a comment with facebook