Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #680 (Web on! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Amazing Spider-Man #680 (Web on! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:05 pm

A fun story which takes Spider-Man and the Human Torch into Spaaaaaaaaace! I liked how this wasn’t just a story that happened for no reason other than the novelty of Spidey in space, but that it’s actually a big part of the build-up to Ends Of The Earth and has something to do with Doctor Octopus’ master-plan. It’s really cool that an event is coming together more or less organically, with Slott setting things up very well. Pretty much everybody loves the relationship between Peter Parker and Johnny Storm and it was a lot of fun to see the two back together, bickering with each other but still really the best of friends. One of the best friendships in comics for sure. Do we still use the word ‘bromance’ or is that way too 2009? Also noteworthy in this issue is the return of underrated bad-ass John Jameson and his relationship with his dad, Slott and Yost did well to once again show that Jonah isn’t just a blustering idiot. I’m a big fan of Giussepe Camuncoli thanks to his work on titles like The Intimates and Hellblazer and it’s always nice to see him pop up on Spidey, I really like how his pencils work with Klaus Janson’s inks. And how awesome was that diss of the Walking Dead TV show? Genius

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 404 posts

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #680 (Web on! Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:54 am

"Any Ideas?"
"Yea.... I hate you."

Love this issue. The banter between Johnny and Pete was hilarious. It really showed off a lot of Slotts comedic writing, which has been there but he's been missing since GLA/GLX/She-Hulk/Thing days.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand