Advertisement

The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 276 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby TS Punk » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Since we don't have one yet I will start one.

DC Nation on Cartoon Network debuted this morning 3-3-12 replaying part of the Green Lantern TAS episode that aired back in November of last year. I enjoyed this show when I watched it last year and it was still good to watch again with my son this morning. Not much to be said about it that hasn't already been discussed.

Young Justice also returned with a new episode this morning "Misplaced". Without spoiling to much it was the shows take on the "World without Grown Ups" storyline. I loved this episode as it had some great humor, awesome action, and a very emotional ending as well. The big shocker in the episode is that
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Zatarra sacrifices himself to becomes the new human host for Nabu and the helmet of Fate so that his daughter Zatanna is released from that curse
. We get a new member of the team out of the above spoiler but it is at a great price.

They had two DC Nation shorts this morning as well, one during each episode. During GL:TAS they replayed the same one with the claymation characters voiced over by the little kids, pretty funny stuff. Then during YJ they aired a new Plastic Man short that was pretty silly as well, but still entertaining.

All in all I thought it was a pretty good start to the DC Nation on Cartoon Network and I look forward to more great Saturday morning superhero cartoon watching in the future!

Advertisement

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby Dragavon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:24 pm

In the morning? Seriously? WTF? I knew it wasn't on last night but this is just bullshit.

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby TS Punk » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:In the morning? Seriously? WTF? I knew it wasn't on last night but this is just bullshit.

I prefer them being on Saturday mornings myself. Disney XD's Marvel Block is also gonna be on Sunday mornings as well starting April 1st, I love that they are bringing Superhero toons back to the weekend morning timeslots.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:31 pm

TS PUNK wrote:
I prefer them being on Saturday mornings myself. Disney XD's Marvel Block is also gonna be on Sunday mornings as well starting April 1st, I love that they are bringing Superhero toons back to the weekend morning timeslots.

It's not that I have a problem with the morning. It's just that I hadn't seen a single ad saying a new episode would be on this morning or I would have DVR'd it. :smt011

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby TS Punk » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It's not that I have a problem with the morning. It's just that I hadn't seen a single ad saying a new episode would be on this morning or I would have DVR'd it. :smt011

Well if you have DirecTV then you might have the Cartoon Network West channel like I do as well. It should be coming on there again at 1:30pm I think.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:14 pm

That was an interesting episode. Especially the last bit. I like that they are willing to go so dark.

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 202 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It's not that I have a problem with the morning. It's just that I hadn't seen a single ad saying a new episode would be on this morning or I would have DVR'd it. :smt011

The individual episodes might come back on again sometime this week.
Also, if you have some sort of on-demand service with your cable, go to the Cartoon Network section, which might be getting the episodes sometime this week.

Luckily for me, I had the DVR set to record all new Young Justice episodes. :)

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:35 pm

I've got the series programmed into my DVR. This means, no matter when it is moved in CN's schedule, my DVR will find it and record it.

Yesterday, I went into the menu to find YJ and program my DVR to record it at the new time, only to discover my DVR had already done that on its own.

I'm using Time Warner's built-in DVR, and while it has...A LOT of other flaws, it has always tracked when my programmed shows change time slots. I hadn't thought this was a capability unique to TWC's DVR service, but I've seen a couple people now have the same problem as you. If you live in an area where you can make a switch to TWC, you might want to do so.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 598 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:07 pm

I have said it before but I feel it should be repeated here: Young Justice is currently infinitely better than anything DC is currently publishing in their Teen line. I wish that a majority of the relaunch would have followed this show as an example of how to relaunch characters and make them fun and interesting.

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 40 posts

Postby PDH » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Sakie wrote:I have said it before but I feel it should be repeated here: Young Justice is currently infinitely better than anything DC is currently publishing in their Teen line. I wish that a majority of the relaunch would have followed this show as an example of how to relaunch characters and make them fun and interesting.

Agreed.

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby TS Punk » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Sakie wrote:I have said it before but I feel it should be repeated here: Young Justice is currently infinitely better than anything DC is currently publishing in their Teen line. I wish that a majority of the relaunch would have followed this show as an example of how to relaunch characters and make them fun and interesting.

Absolutely agree.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:15 pm

i really enjoyed the YJ episode.. GL i think will have to grow on me.

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 202 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Strict31 wrote:I'm using Time Warner's built-in DVR, and while it has...A LOT of other flaws, it has always tracked when my programmed shows change time slots. I hadn't thought this was a capability unique to TWC's DVR service, but I've seen a couple people now have the same problem as you.

As mentioned, my Comcast DVR caught the time change, too.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 234 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:26 am

For those that missed it on Saturday (like me) - it's on today (Sunday) at 10am.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:32 am

Strict31 wrote:
I've got the series programmed into my DVR. This means, no matter when it is moved in CN's schedule, my DVR will find it and record it.

Yesterday, I went into the menu to find YJ and program my DVR to record it at the new time, only to discover my DVR had already done that on its own.

I'm using Time Warner's built-in DVR, and while it has...A LOT of other flaws, it has always tracked when my programmed shows change time slots. I hadn't thought this was a capability unique to TWC's DVR service, but I've seen a couple people now have the same problem as you. If you live in an area where you can make a switch to TWC, you might want to do so.

No, I had taken YJ off DVR because it was recording episodes I had seen already. I have to put it back on.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum