Advertisement

Defenders #4 (Sleep sanctimoniously Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Defenders #4 (Sleep sanctimoniously Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:14 pm

This issue was a Doctor Strange focus, and it really worked for me in a lot of ways. I’ve really liked how Fraction has approached Strange as kind of a creep, and this issue developed and deepened that so it’s not just a joke. We see the return of the college chick Strange boned earlier, and also get more mysteries of the weird metal squiggle thing. It somehow managed to resurrect a dead ex of Doctor Strange’s, and why is a mystery even to him. The stuff with Strange and Martha was surprisingly effective and emotional. I wonder if we’ll see her again? The hustling street magician who tried to take on the Doc was an effective protagonist, and I liked how his attempt ended in a Twilight Zone-esque twist kind of a way. This book continues to read unlike any other Marvel book, and it’s great, especially when the bottom of the page ‘captions’ or whatever get as weird as this, it was like a cry for help, except not from Fraction but from some woman. What the? And then there was something commemorating Bill Hicks? What does it all mean? Who knows! Michael Lark of course kicked ass art-wise on this issue, he’s very different from Dodson, but he fit this story very well, it was big, but it wasn’t as madcap superheroey as #1-#3.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 412 posts

Re: Defenders #4 (Sleep sanctimoniously Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:06 pm

The little captions are a bit nuts. Its almost like they are trying to see if we're paying attention.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 412 posts

Re: Defenders #4 (Sleep sanctimoniously Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Oh and Iron Fist talking about his comic's changing was hilarious. :-D
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand