Advertisement

Fatale #3 (The first place I died Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Fatale #3 (The first place I died Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:54 pm

This issue deepens the mystery in both the past and the present. I’m glad that the book has returned to Nicolas Lash after he didn’t appear in #2, and liked that the book is comfortable jumping between time periods like this. As Ed Brubaker wrote in his back-matter, I had assumed that the scenes in the past were Dominic Raines’ novel, but that’s not the case, and it’s cool that there’s more to it than Nicolas just being a framing device reading the manuscript. This issue showed us more about who Josephine is and what she can do, in a really creepy scene in an abandoned house where she shows she has the power to tell people (or is it just men?) what to do. She went from being a sexy femme fatale to a monster in the space of a page, and Phillips depicted that brilliantly. The mystery of this series really has it’s hooks in me now, and I can’t wait to see where Bru is going with everything. The horror scratching at the walls is breaking through now, and it’s exciting.

Advertisement

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Re: Fatale #3 (The first place I died Spoilers)

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:54 pm

And Bru mentioned in the back page that we'll be getting (at least) 15 issues of this series! :D

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:56 pm

I heard this is selling much better than either Criminal or Incognito.

Royal Nonesuch
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:05 pm

I, for one, never really thought that the story from the past was the novel Nick was reading. I thought it was a flashback to actual events.
The witness said Mr Brown then called out to Ms Hay's adult daughter: "Look at this, I'm tittie-f***ing your mother!".

Jude Terror 12:19 AM
I put my dick in one of the bagels once.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I heard this is selling much better than either Criminal or Incognito.

Horror is the in-thing right now I guess.

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 15 posts

Postby David Bird » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I heard this is selling much better than either Criminal or Incognito.

Yeah, he mentions that this is their bestselling collaboration to date.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:01 pm

David Bird wrote:
Yeah, he mentions that this is their bestselling collaboration to date.

In the back-matter or is there an interview?

Nevermind, I see it there now in the comic. I haven't had a chance to read any of the back-stuff in Fatales 1-3 yet. '

I'm sure some of it has to do with the horror elements, for sure, even though they have been mostly alluded to in the book so far. I think some of the sales have to be based on the fact that Image has really been successful at launching books lately. Almost everything they push sells out, with demand driving prices up on the internet for nearly all books they launch right now.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:
In the back-matter or is there an interview?

Nevermind, I see it there now in the comic. I haven't had a chance to read any of the back-stuff in Fatales 1-3 yet. '

I'm sure some of it has to do with the horror elements, for sure, even though they have been mostly alluded to in the book so far. I think some of the sales have to be based on the fact that Image has really been successful at launching books lately. Almost everything they push sells out, with demand driving prices up on the internet for nearly all books they launch right now.

I don't see how Image publishing it makes much of a difference, the price is the same as Criminal/Incognito, and the Marketing has been at the same level, with stuff like Bru and Phillips making their own teasers. Image haven't (to my knowledge) gone above and beyond with the launch of Fatale.

It's also probably due to this being the first 'new' project from the creative team in a while, and the audience who read Criminal/Incognito in trades now feels comfortable jumping on.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Image has the Midas Touch right now.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:27 am

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:Image has the Midas Touch right now.

There's more to it than that surely.

I know you love Image because they fill your coffers with MGS money (and I agree they are on a roll of good books), but Fatale isn't selling more just because of the little 'i' at the bottom.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 am

Punchy wrote:
There's more to it than that surely.

I know you love Image because they fill your coffers with MGS money (and I agree they are on a roll of good books), but Fatale isn't selling more just because of the little 'i' at the bottom.

I actually only have one coffer right now, but I'm hoping to get another one this year.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand