Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #9 (Assemble-Friends Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Men #9 (Assemble-Friends Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Yay! Carlos Pacheco is back! I don’t mind Greg Land, unlike a lot of others, but Pacheco is of course the better artist and it’s great to have him back on the book, he really does give it the big epic superhero feel that it needs. This issue was a team-up between the X-Men and the Avengers, and with the upcoming event hanging over everything, it was actually weird seeing them together, we’ve been shown teaser images of them punching the shit out of each other for so long now that it feels like AvX has already begun. But of course it hasn’t, and for now, the two teams are friends who of course will team up to take down a bunch of escaped SWORD prisoners. Gillen packed this issue with plenty of cool moments, I especially liked panel where Cyclops and Wolverine (who was there representing the Avengers) stared at each other, the resentment bubbling under. I also liked Emma Frost’s mocking of the Avengers and of Storm not assembling with them. And of course the narration, replete with references to quips, or lack thereof. It was cool seeing UNIT show up again too, it was clear from the short-lived SWORD series that Gillen had a lot of plans for him, and they’re panning out. He’s a really great villain, and I’m legitimately worried about what he’s going to do with Hope.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand