Advertisement

Daz3d

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Re: Daz3d

Postby Timbales » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Oh happy day! Daz released the Gen 3 body shapes for Genesis, so now all the clothes I had for V3, M3, S3 and D3 will work with Genesis and I can combine the looks of those figures with the Gen 4 and 5 figures!
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

Advertisement

Liam Rodgers
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 122 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Postby Liam Rodgers » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:41 pm

How good is Daz3d for designing backgrounds, or is it primarily for character modelling?

Benderbrau

Happy Pony Day!

Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Ntikrst wrote:How good is Daz3d for designing backgrounds, or is it primarily for character modelling?

Primarily character modeling. Most of the backgrounds I've seen have been average. There's an entire city landscape that's free to download and it's still meh at best.
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

Liam Rodgers
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 122 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Postby Liam Rodgers » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Primarily character modeling. Most of the backgrounds I've seen have been average. There's an entire city landscape that's free to download and it's still meh at best.

That's too bad. I work with Manga Studio 4 and they have great perspective rulers and the ability to import 3d objects but not build them. I've been struggling with Google's free 3d building software but I'm looking around for a more user friendly 3d prop/background builder.

Benderbrau

Happy Pony Day!

Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
That's too bad. I work with Manga Studio 4 and they have great perspective rulers and the ability to import 3d objects but not build them. I've been struggling with Google's free 3d building software but I'm looking around for a more user friendly 3d prop/background builder.

user friendly is definitely not a word I would use to describe Daz3d. It's a terrible cumbersome application. But then again it's free so there's that at least.
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

spidertour02
rubber spoon

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Engineering The Future

Postby spidertour02 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Primarily character modeling. Most of the backgrounds I've seen have been average. There's an entire city landscape that's free to download and it's still meh at best.

That city landscape is crap, though the sky dome is good.

They do have some pretty good interior stuff. The Dream Home sets are beautiful -- but of course, like most Daz Studio products, they're way too expensive.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Creator's Corner