Advertisement

The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 34488
Likes: 73 posts
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby misac » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Green Lantern was pretty good, but I really hope they get back to regular space soon. It was really irresponsible to leave a criminal in charge of a prison. :smt102

Young Justice was great! The Beast Boy origin was kind of brilliant. And there was also an Elastigirl cameo, did anyone else catch it?

Why is Miss Martian scared of them finding out she's a White Martian? Is it becasue of her appearance or because they know WMs are usually bad? I didn't like Queen Bee blackmailing her, it's super-cliched.

I really liked both of the shorts too. The Shazam one was pretty funny.
Image

Advertisement

e_galston
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 19376
Likes: 212 posts
Liked in: 324 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Frederick, MD
Formerly: Sitebreaker


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby e_galston » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:41 pm

If you look 5 posts before yours, Rita Farr's "cameo" was mentioned a few times
Image

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8654
Likes: 670 posts
Liked in: 201 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby Draco x » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:
who's to say he won't be??? Psimon came back this week...


I hope so. With all the shitty treatment Bane has been getting in almost all the cartoons he appears on, he deserves to be written properly.

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 19962
Likes: 148 posts
Liked in: 240 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby Amoebas » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Some very cool stuff coming soon in Green Lantern!


Benderbrau
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 56099
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:18 am
Location: Your Moms Bedroom
Title: Proud Underachiever


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby Benderbrau » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:24 pm

misac wrote:Green Lantern was pretty good, but I really hope they get back to regular space soon. It was really irresponsible to leave a criminal in charge of a prison. :smt102

Young Justice was great! The Beast Boy origin was kind of brilliant. And there was also an Elastigirl cameo, did anyone else catch it?

Why is Miss Martian scared of them finding out she's a White Martian? Is it becasue of her appearance or because they know WMs are usually bad? I didn't like Queen Bee blackmailing her, it's super-cliched.

I really liked both of the shorts too. The Shazam one was pretty funny.

Indeed, an origin based on a blood transfusion from a green skinned shape changer is certainly better then being bitten by a radioactive monkey. Although in a clever nod to his original origins you see his little monkey friend gnawing on Gar's shoulder :lol:

As far as Ms. Martin goes, the worst part is that if you're not a DC reader the whole White Martian thing is completely lost on you and you're left scratching your head wondering why anyone who hangs out with green martians, magicians and Atlanteans would give two fucks that she's looks different.

Also, if she's really a White Martian I'd sure like to know what the hell the story between her and J'onn really is. Either he knows the truth and is trying to give her a chance, in which case one wonders why she'd be so afraid of others knowing the truth. Or she's brain washed him into thinking she's really his niece in which case she must be uncharacteristically powerful and that makes J'onn look pathetic.
Image
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

leechjudd
User avatar
Inhouser
 
Posts: 68
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:31 pm
Location: Barrie, Ontario


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby leechjudd » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:14 am

the rest of the season's episodes should be available in youtube but they are subbed coz the audio is in spanish.
just search "young justice sub ep 25" etc..

TS Punk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 26740
Likes: 558 posts
Liked in: 280 posts
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Georgia
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby TS Punk » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:54 pm

So just got done with this weeks block of DC Nation and once again it did not disappoint!

Green Lantern TAS gets better with each episode in my opinion and I am really starting to like it a lot more than I thought I was going to. My only complaint is that they are still stuck on the outer reaches of space and are not interacting with other well known DC or GL related characters. I want to see some actual Supervillains on the show at some point soon than later.

Young Justice this week was just awesomeness personified! I think that doing episodes that focus on one member of the team is really cool and we get to learn more about them this way. Introducing Match this week and this way was very interesting and I loved the dynamic between Luthor and Conner. The best part of this weeks shows those was the debating over whether the League should expand and if so who should they choose. My wife and I both busted out laughing with Flash mentioned Earth's other GL Guy Gardner and was immediately shot down by Hal and John with a resounding "NO!" :lol: Captain Marvel laughing about Plastic Man was great, and then Batman almost brings a tear to my eye when he tells Wonder Woman that he took and Robin and put him in the world of crime fighting so that he wouldn't end up like him, that was a special moment. Seeing the Milestone characters was really cool too, the creators of this show weren't kidding when they said they were gonna be showing tons of characters in this show! I can't wait to find out who the League voted in as new members!!
Image

e_galston
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 19376
Likes: 212 posts
Liked in: 324 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Frederick, MD
Formerly: Sitebreaker


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby e_galston » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:32 pm

i swear i read already who got inducted into the league... i just can't remember where i read it
Image

e_galston
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 19376
Likes: 212 posts
Liked in: 324 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Frederick, MD
Formerly: Sitebreaker


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby e_galston » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:33 pm

TS PUNK wrote:So just got done with this weeks block of DC Nation and once again it did not disappoint!

Green Lantern TAS gets better with each episode in my opinion and I am really starting to like it a lot more than I thought I was going to. My only complaint is that they are still stuck on the outer reaches of space and are not interacting with other well known DC or GL related characters. I want to see some actual Supervillains on the show at some point soon than later.



Saint Walker is coming...
Image

TS Punk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 26740
Likes: 558 posts
Liked in: 280 posts
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Georgia
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby TS Punk » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:50 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:i swear i read already who got inducted into the league... i just can't remember where i read it


If you remember or find a link I won't mind the spoilers!
Image

Dragavon
User avatar
Podcaster
 
Posts: 18511
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am
Location: NJ
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby Dragavon » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:50 pm

TS PUNK wrote:Young Justice this week was just awesomeness personified! I think that doing episodes that focus on one member of the team is really cool and we get to learn more about them this way. Introducing Match this week and this way was very interesting and I loved the dynamic between Luthor and Conner. The best part of this weeks shows those was the debating over whether the League should expand and if so who should they choose. My wife and I both busted out laughing with Flash mentioned Earth's other GL Guy Gardner and was immediately shot down by Hal and John with a resounding "NO!" :lol: Captain Marvel laughing about Plastic Man was great, and then Batman almost brings a tear to my eye when he tells Wonder Woman that he took and Robin and put him in the world of crime fighting so that he wouldn't end up like him, that was a special moment. Seeing the Milestone characters was really cool too, the creators of this show weren't kidding when they said they were gonna be showing tons of characters in this show! I can't wait to find out who the League voted in as new members!!

I had the same exact reactions when I was watching YJ. In fact the b-plot of League induction was more interesting to me than Superboy vs. Match.
Image

TS Punk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 26740
Likes: 558 posts
Liked in: 280 posts
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Georgia
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby TS Punk » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Dragavon wrote:I had the same exact reactions when I was watching YJ. In fact the b-plot of League induction was more interesting to me than Superboy vs. Match.


I enjoyed both parts as I thought they really played off one another very well and the whole aspect of "who can you really trust?". The League parts though I agree were a bit better and thats probably just because there were more heroes in those parts.
Image

TS Punk
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 26740
Likes: 558 posts
Liked in: 280 posts
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Georgia
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby TS Punk » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:
Saint Walker is coming...


That should be really cool!
Image

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 34488
Likes: 73 posts
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby misac » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Indeed, an origin based on a blood transfusion from a green skinned shape changer is certainly better then being bitten by a radioactive monkey. Although in a clever nod to his original origins you see his little monkey friend gnawing on Gar's shoulder :lol:

As far as Ms. Martin goes, the worst part is that if you're not a DC reader the whole White Martian thing is completely lost on you and you're left scratching your head wondering why anyone who hangs out with green martians, magicians and Atlanteans would give two fucks that she's looks different.

Also, if she's really a White Martian I'd sure like to know what the hell the story between her and J'onn really is. Either he knows the truth and is trying to give her a chance, in which case one wonders why she'd be so afraid of others knowing the truth. Or she's brain washed him into thinking she's really his niece in which case she must be uncharacteristically powerful and that makes J'onn look pathetic.


The way Miss Martian created her secret identity was pretty cool too.

I don't think J'onn knows the truth but I don't think she's messing with his mind. We've seen that J'onn is weary of her telepathy, I think he's piecing things together barely.
Image

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 34488
Likes: 73 posts
Liked in: 49 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: The DC Nation on Cartoon Network Thread!

Postby misac » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:12 pm

TS PUNK wrote:So just got done with this weeks block of DC Nation and once again it did not disappoint!

Green Lantern TAS gets better with each episode in my opinion and I am really starting to like it a lot more than I thought I was going to. My only complaint is that they are still stuck on the outer reaches of space and are not interacting with other well known DC or GL related characters. I want to see some actual Supervillains on the show at some point soon than later.

Young Justice this week was just awesomeness personified! I think that doing episodes that focus on one member of the team is really cool and we get to learn more about them this way. Introducing Match this week and this way was very interesting and I loved the dynamic between Luthor and Conner. The best part of this weeks shows those was the debating over whether the League should expand and if so who should they choose. My wife and I both busted out laughing with Flash mentioned Earth's other GL Guy Gardner and was immediately shot down by Hal and John with a resounding "NO!" :lol: Captain Marvel laughing about Plastic Man was great, and then Batman almost brings a tear to my eye when he tells Wonder Woman that he took and Robin and put him in the world of crime fighting so that he wouldn't end up like him, that was a special moment. Seeing the Milestone characters was really cool too, the creators of this show weren't kidding when they said they were gonna be showing tons of characters in this show! I can't wait to find out who the League voted in as new members!!


That's my major complaint about GL, they can't get back to regular space soon enough! That said, the "shake hands" bit made me laugh. :lol: And I liked that the ship made herself a body, I just think she should have kept the visor instead of getting a regular face so she wouldn't look too human.

YJ was awesome! Reminded me of when the three reformed the JLA in the comic, I liked it then and I liked it now. Aquaman = errand boy. :lol: :lol:

Batman was great! I think, like with Superman I like him best with the JLA or interacting with other characters in a group. His downer attitude works better with someone instead of being alone, then it's just sad. :P I really liked him sticking up for the little guys; Atom and Billy. :D

The Guy bit cracked me up! :lol:

The Superboy stuff was good but I hope they go over the Luthor stuff quick cause I already saw that in the comic. I was also hoping he'd get all of Superman's powers too, eventually, but looks like he's going to rely on those things for a while still.

The Plastic Man short was funny, the other, I just don't get. :smt102
Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 47 guests

Advertisement