Advertisement

NEW REVIEW GROUP WEEK 20 - AVENGERS VS X-MEN #0

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

NEW REVIEW GROUP WEEK 20 - AVENGERS VS X-MEN #0

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:03 am

Hey guys, I've got this new small-press title to tell you about, I think it's going to be a sleeper hit, it's called Avengers Vs. X-Men #0 and although it's not very commercial, it's excellent.

Avengers Vs X-Men #0
as selected by BubbaKanoosh

BlueStreak has next week's pick

Comics are to be scored on a scale from 1-10. 1 being suck, 10 being a damn good comic. Your review must be at least a paragraph to show you've put some effort in, but beyond that, there's no right or wrong, unless you disagree with me :P

BlueStreak
Guitarsmashley
SilverPhoenix
Deadfett
Eli Katz
Ameobas
Punchy
Holland Oats
Jude Terror
Stephen Day
The President/Frag It
BubbaKanoosh

Eventually, I will put together all of our reviews and we will have our very own article on the front page of The Outhouse! If you would like for your review to be included, please try to have it posted by the end of day on Tuesday.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Re: NEW REVIEW GROUP WEEK 20 - AVENGERS VS X-MEN #0

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:11 am

• Week 1: Avengers #19 - 5.5
  • Week 2: The Infinite #4 - 3.5
  • Week 3: Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist #1 - 5.58
  • Week 4: Defenders #4 - 5.58
  • Week 5: Black Panther: TMDMA #526 - 8.55
  • Week 6: Amazing Spider-Man #676 - 4.19
  • Week 7: American Vampire #22 - 9.0
  • Week 8: Fatale #1 - 7.8
  • Week 9: Severed #6 - 8.5
  • Week 10: Hellblazer #287 - 9.0
  • Week 11: Secret Avengers #21.1 - 6.06
  • Week 12: Winter Soldier #1 - 8.88
  • Week 13: Batwoman #6 - 3.88
  • Week 14: Daredevil #9 - 7.33
  • Week 15: The Sixth Gun #19 - 8.0
  • Week 16: Moon Knight #10 - 6.75
  • Week 17: Hulk #49 - 7.5
  • Week 18: The Shade #6 - 7.13
  • Week 19: Amazing Spider-Man #682 - 7.13

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 234 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:11 am

Is it not slightly problematic that it's Bubba's choice, yet he won't be able to see this thread? :smt102

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:14 am

nietoperz wrote:Is it not slightly problematic that it's Bubba's choice, yet he won't be able to see this thread? :smt102

That's his problem, though. He can always find it by searching. He told Stephen Day it was his choice.

I haven't really posted about Before Watchmen since the whole 'c*nt-rag' thing, so he should probably take me off of ignore.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 852 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:09 pm

First off, after reading the comments in your Cable Reborn thread and that wasn't fair. And with that I apologize for the C-Rag comment.

Secondly, I thoroughly enjoyed ish zero. My store also has the first issue out early, went back to pick a copy up for a friend and they took it off the shelves.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:57 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:First off, after reading the comments in your Cable Reborn thread and that wasn't fair. And with that I apologize for the C-Rag comment.

Secondly, I thoroughly enjoyed ish zero. My store also has the first issue out early, went back to pick a copy up for a friend and they took it off the shelves.

Cool man, it's all water under the bridge now.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 478 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Two stories
Story One - Wanda

The real story here isn't Wanda but rather Ms Marvel and Bendis not having read his own stuff as well as the recent Children's Crusade. Since when is Carol Danvers so BFF with Wanda? She basically wanted Wanda dead not long ago yet now it's all hugs and kisses. Bendis has long sucked at continuity - but now even his own? :lol:

And good one Bendis - having the Vision devistate Wanda to her core is sure not to upset the mentally unstable ubergod he made Wanda into. It's like he's upset that everyone has undone everything he did so he's setting the stage so he can restore it. :roll:

Some sweet art however

Story - negative 8
Art - 8
Overall - 0

Story Two - Hope

X-Men bore me to tears. The only thing here that kept me interested was the art (which was great despite a poor pan out shot at the end).

Story - 2
Art - 8
Overall - 6

Both scores for the entire book = 3

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:58 am

Wasn't Wanda and Carol being friends something from Busiek's run? I remember them eating ice cream together or something.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Punchy wrote:Wasn't Wanda and Carol being friends something from Busiek's run? I remember them eating ice cream together or something.

True - but from everything I've seen, once Bendis happened along, Carol's been pretty consistent with the 'Fuck her - she's a MURDERER!' lines a lot more than the "I miss my friend' lines.

That is until this issue where her BFF stuff comes out of nowhere.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 409 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:45 pm

I'll admit that I have a bias going into this issue. I was planning on skipping out on all of Avengers vs X-Men, or at least as much as I could, and hadn't planned to even touch this issue. This attitude may have had me seeing this issue in a lesser light than it may have deserved.

Having gotten that statement out of the way, I'll admit that I didn't mind this issue. My favourite parts had to do with Hope, especially her fight with the Serpent Society. There were also some parts that I didn't care for, chief among them the scene between The Vision and the Scarlet Witch. The Vision's reaction just seemed completely out of character. In the end I found myself enjoying the scenes with the characters I don't care about (the X-characters) and disliking the scenes with the characters (the Avengers) that I do care about.

It's a mixed bag reaction from me and it all comes out to a 5 out of 10.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:42 am

Amoebas wrote:True - but from everything I've seen, once Bendis happened along, Carol's been pretty consistent with the 'Fuck her - she's a MURDERER!' lines a lot more than the "I miss my friend' lines.

That is until this issue where her BFF stuff comes out of nowhere.

Well maybe the revelations of Avengers: The Children's Crusade have lessened the sense of betrayal?

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:53 am

Punchy wrote:
Well maybe the revelations of Avengers: The Children's Crusade have lessened the sense of betrayal?

"Lessened"? It's epically bi-polar of Carol.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 98 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:31 am

Story one:

This section just dragged on. Action! Tension! Melodrama! All mixed in such a way that makes the extraordinary seem dull as dirt. That being said, I somewhat enjoyed Vision's words towards Scarlet Witch.

And then he had to have a little cry.

Story two:

Easily the best of the two, but nothing mind-blowing. Just an enjoyable, little tale with Hope.

Overall:

As a way to excite fans for the upcoming mega-event, this issue fails to deliver. It's actually made me wary about the series. Still, at least we got some Frank Cho art out of it (though his Cyclops still looks a little off). I'm hoping for better things from issue one.

6* out of 10*

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Who other than everyone doesn't love a Big 2 event prologue comic? This was just super dandy, first you get Vision yelling at Wanda then you get Scott yelling at Hope. It's a banner day for boring robots everywhere ably drawn by connoisseur of cheesecake Frank Cho. I'm sure this was all very meaningful setup for what will be the biggest most exciting line-wide relaunchboot we've seen in the past 6 weeks.

Story: 3
Art: 8
Overall: 5.5

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 31 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Liked the art, especially on the Wanda side. Story's were relatively forgettable. Wanda's story had nothing to do with AvX #1 and Hope's only served as a reminder that she's a rebellious teenaged redhead that reminds Scott of his deader than dead, deaditty dead wife.

A generous 5 overall.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand