Advertisement

Mighty Thor #12 (I am home Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Mighty Thor #12 (I am home Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 am

This was a strong ending to the Tanarus story, with everything wrapping up nicely and Thor getting to kick some righteous ass, but I can’t help but feel that it happened to soon. We only got like 2 issues of the world actually thinking Tanarus was the God Of Thunder, it would probably have been better if we’d had a six-issue arc before this one, in order to make Thor’s return have more impact, because as it stands, he only just died anyway. It’s almost like Fraction had a longer story planned and then realised ‘oh shit, Thor’s going to be in this big movie this summer and he kinda needs to be around’. A missed opportunity really, but as I said, this final chapter did kick ass, the battle scenes were great, and seeing Thor come back was great. I was perturbed initially that Ferry was not drawing this issue, but I like Camuncoli and his layouts and Janson’s inks gave the book a look that was very Simonson, and you can’t as for much more than that with Thor. I wonder where this book goes from here, we’ve got the status-quo with Asgardia and the All-Mother and Kid Loki and Silver Surfer (who seemed to get beaten up a bit too easily here), what next? At least Bill and whatsername got a happy ending.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 589 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Mighty Thor #12 (I am home Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:12 am

Punchy wrote:At least Bill and whatsername got a happy ending.

Are you talking about Bill and Kelda? If so, what happened?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:15 am

Sakie wrote:
Are you talking about Bill and Kelda? If so, what happened?

They're in Valhalla, making out.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 589 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:41 am

Punchy wrote:They're in Valhalla, making out.

Good for them. They were one of my favorite parts of JMS's run and I hated the fact that they killed Bill off.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand