Advertisement

The Marvel Universe on Disney XD Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 213 posts

Re: The Marvel Universe on Disney XD Thread!

Postby misac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:57 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:According to various interviews and stuff, it is Luke Cage and Danny Rand. White Tiger is the White Tiger from Avengers Academy, and the Nova is an entirely new character NOT Richard Rider... in fact this Nova is the same as the one from the Point One issue

At first I didn't like the characterization of Nova but since it's not Rich I didn't mind afterward.

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:58 pm

TS PUNK wrote:I hate that Spidey always has to do the "quitter" thing before realizing he needs to do the right thing!

Yeah, at least they didn't do the origin again.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:02 pm

TS PUNK wrote:Very impressed with the debut of Ultimate Spider-Man! Had all the right mixes of action, comedy, and seriousness, that I like in a well made cartoon. My wife and son absolutely loved it as well! I think Marvel definitely has a hit on their hands with this show. Now on to Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes Season 2!

It was very humorous but I don't think it hurt the show. Reminded me of Teen Titans, it was also very fun and light but it still had some great action.

I didn’t like Spidey/Peter’s voice leading up to the show in the previews and stuff, very hammy, but it wasn’t like that at all on the show. Still not great but I liked it overall.

JJJ and Fury were great!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:03 pm

TS PUNK wrote:The Marvel Mash Up was pretty damn funny :lol:

Both of them were very funny. :lol: :lol:

Rick Jones sounded like one of the Animaniacs!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Greg wrote:Yep, I was on the money with the Sue bit.

And he didn't tell them, what a dick!

It was a great first outing for Dr. Doom. He handed the Avengers and the FF their asses and he knew about Sue being a Skrull. And then he just lets them leave at the end, just awesome!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Rockman wrote:Perhaps he is now, but Fury did all the recruiting and was pretty active with the recruits.

He was way too nice too. His role should have been done by Carter I think.

Coulson was perfect basically though. The principal thing is dumb though.

I didn't mind it really. They're spies, it makes sense they do shit like this.

Just as long as they don't have teen villains going to the school too. It was really hard to suspend disbelief when X-men Evolution did that.

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 590 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Ok so week two into Marvels new cartoons on Disney XD and I have to say this weeks episodes were not as impressive as last weeks debuts.

Ultimate Spider-Man was again really fun but there was almost just too much silliness and not enough seriousness for me. My son still loves the show, especially Nova, he thinks he is really cool. You can tell from this episode that this series is aimed much more at the younger audience which is good because it is definitely hitting it's mark from my sons reaction.

Avengers EMH was just kinda meh to me today, nothing extremely exciting or cool really happened. Skrull Cap getting a hold of all the Stark Tech info was about the biggest thing that happened and thats only because we all no thats where the story is going. Seeing War Machine was cool because I have always liked that armor better than any suit Tony has ever worn. I absolutely hated the intro of the energy shield for Cap, it's stupid and something that I will never care for at all.

The segments where they showed the guys building their own shield and Joe Q drawing Thor were pretty cool, I like those things. Again the Mash Ups at the end were pretty funny, reminds me of the good old days of Adult Swim win they had actual funny shows like Sea Lab 2021.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 788 posts
Title: It's a thing
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:13 pm

http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/42534/toonzone-news-interviews-jeph-loeb-marvels-head-of-television/

Most of the interview with Loeb was about Hulk Agents of SMASH, but this part made me say "hrrrmmm" (with a little dread)

TOONZONE NEWS: In light how The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes started development before the Disney acquisition some years back and it was animated by another studio, will this be the final season of the show and will a new animated series be made instead?

JEPH LOEB: We have big plans for The Avengers.

TOONZONE NEWS: So do you think the show will get a third season?

JEPH LOEB:
I can just tell you we have big plans for The Avengers and that's all I can tell you right now.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 pm

sdsichero wrote:http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/42534/toonzone-news-interviews-jeph-loeb-marvels-head-of-television/

Most of the interview with Loeb was about Hulk Agents of SMASH, but this part made me say "hrrrmmm" (with a little dread)

So he killed Spectacular for Ultimate and now he's going to kill Avengers? :smt013

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Dragavon wrote:So he killed Spectacular for Ultimate and now he's going to kill Avengers? :smt013

One of the reason's I'm feeling dread

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:45 pm

I think there is very little chance of anything happening to this show.

Disney has dedicated a whole 2 hour programming block plus 5-6 valuable ad minutes to making Joe Q. as famous as Stan (if that's even possible).

You're about to see 2-3 months of cross-branding at it's finest.

Hab

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 pm

habitual wrote:I think there is very little chance of anything happening to this show.

Disney has dedicated a whole 2 hour programming block plus 5-6 valuable ad minutes to making Joe Q. as famous as Stan (if that's even possible).

You're about to see 2-3 months of cross-branding at it's finest.

Hab

I hope you're right. This is the first good Avengers cartoon series...

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:58 am

Dragavon wrote:So he killed Spectacular for Ultimate and now he's going to kill Avengers? :smt013

He plans to. Past half way through the season, apparently the show is going to focus mostly on Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor and push the other characters more so in the background. He felt the first season had too much focus on the other Avengers and not enough on the big sellers by themselves. Despite that each character got their own focus and the other characters becoming fan favorites.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 482 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 am

T-Rex wrote:Ok so week two into Marvels new cartoons on Disney XD and I have to say this weeks episodes were not as impressive as last weeks debuts.
Avengers EMH was just kinda meh to me today, nothing extremely exciting or cool really happened. Skrull Cap getting a hold of all the Stark Tech info was about the biggest thing that happened and thats only because we all know thats where the story is going. Seeing War Machine was cool because I have always liked that armor better than any suit Tony has ever worn. I absolutely hated the intro of the energy shield for Cap, it's stupid and something that I will never care for at all.

Agree 100%. I think this Avengers episode fell flat compared to last week's.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 590 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:48 am

Another great Sunday morning of Marvel cartoons!

Ultimate Spider-Man was really good today, had a new interesting and entertaining origin for Venom which was nice. The fight scenes between Venom and Spider-Man were very well animated I thought. There was still a lot of the silliness in this episode but overall it was very entertaining.

Avengers was much better this week than last week for sure. I liked all the fights with the Masters of Evil and finally seeing Thor was really cool. Seems like there is going to be a lot of stuff going on this season, with the Registration Act, the Skrull Invasion, and now Surtur, the Avengers are gonna have their hands full! I hope they are not trying to pack to many stories into one season though, as that could have a poor effect overall if not handled correctly.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum