Advertisement

Uncanny X-Force #23 (Get to stay the good guy Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Force #23 (Get to stay the good guy Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 pm

A decent ending to what was probably the worst X-Force story so far, I just love how uncompromising Psylocke is now. She mind-controlled one of her brothers to kill the other! Hardcore. The revelation that the Goat was Jamie made sense, it was always suspicious that he was suddenly on the side of the good, but I liked how Remender didn’t make it obvious, and that killing him now was killing someone who, at that time, was still innocent. I love how Uncanny X-Force of all books is asking these moral questions, just like with Kid Apocalypse back in #4. This issue also had the usual funny one-liners from Deadpool and I continue to love AoA Nightcrawler. The ending here was good, but overall this story has been pretty bad, the focus wasn’t really on the protagonists, instead it just dropped us into unfamiliar territory. Hopefully this stuff will pay off eventually, either here or in Secret Avengers, but for now, this was a mis-step, I’m glad next issue is getting us back to the Age Of Apocalypse fall-out.

Advertisement

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 165 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Re: Uncanny X-Force #23 (Get to stay the good guy Spoilers)

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:13 pm

I really disliked Greg Tocchini's art - most of his panels look like a visual mess.

Bring back Opena! :-D

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 320 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:41 am

God half the book was totally unreadable. Those first few pages seemed like they weren't finished. It was a decent end to a horrible fucking story. Hopefully now we can get a decent story and much better art.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:07 am

What a miscalculation, to squander the interest in the book generated by the Dark Angel Saga with such a lack-luster and visually muddy arc. What the hell went wrong with artwork, and why wasn't it improved after the first issue by Tocchini went to press and came back looking like purple shit?

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 529 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:What a miscalculation, to squander the interest in the book generated by the Dark Angel Saga with such a lack-luster and visually muddy arc. What the hell went wrong with artwork, and why wasn't it improved after the first issue by Tocchini went to press and came back looking like purple shit?

its entirely possible that he was already finished with the art... having rotating artists allows for art to be done way in advance.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:
its entirely possible that he was already finished with the art... having rotating artists allows for art to be done way in advance.

There still would have been time to fix the coloring digitally at least. Either way, there's no excuse for that to me that justifies sending that to press and charging $3.99 for it. If he was already done with the art and it looked like that, he should've taken more time to deliver a quality product to the readers. This arc wasn't just kinda worse in every way, it was bad comics.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand