Advertisement

Brilliant #3 (Code of bong ethics Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Brilliant #3 (Code of bong ethics Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:00 am

This book is moving slowly, but it’s wherever it’s going, it’s interesting. I liked that after 3 issues of mostly talking, we ended with Amadeus unleashing his powers and kick-starting the action. It’s all well and good being a sci-fi social network, but you need some explosions occasionally. I thought the best stuff in this issue were the FBI scenes, it was interesting how none of them came out and said they were dealing with superpowers, perhaps if they said something like that they’d get fired? I also liked that Bendis is making the head FBI guy an actual character, with some hints about his back-story, rather than just a bland G-Man. Bagley’s art was good, I like that he’s using a different style here than he normally uses for stuff like Avengers Assemble (and it’s cool that he’s basically doing 2 titles at once), looser and more fitting for a book set in the ‘real world’. I’m interested to see where this is going now that Amadeus has cut loose, I wasn’t expecting it to escalate so quickly, and that’s exciting.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand