Advertisement

Avengers Academy #28 (Moon-Boy Language Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 56 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers Academy #28 (Moon-Boy Language Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:29 am

This two-parter with the Runaways has been a lot of fun, and has really demonstrated how many cool new characters Marvel actually have, people often claim that both of the Big Two have nothing new, but this issue proves them wrong. I was glad that Gage didn’t go the obvious route and that the fight between the team didn’t last too long, it makes sense that the Academy kids would be willing to side with the Runaways over their teachers. The scene where they all saw each other’s pasts was very powerful stuff, and much more interesting than just another punch-up. It’s cool that Gage has left the door open for the Runaways to return, they are under orders to check in once a month, there’s Karolina’s budding relationship with Julie Power, and also Chase’s plans to steal a time-machine. I bet his attempts to resurrect Gert will cause trouble. Karl Moline’s art was once again the best I’ve seen from him, very good stuff. Next month brings more team-up action, as the kids get involved in AvX and take on some of the New X-Men. Should be fun. Oh yeah, and the stuff with Moon Boy and Reptil’s future was interesting too, I wonder when that will pay off?

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 132 posts

Re: Avengers Academy #28 (Moon-Boy Language Spoilers)

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Love this title, hated this issue. The art was, in my opinion, horrible. The lame "walk a mile in another's shoes" spell was so emo I almost needed therapy to recover. This was an absolute misfire.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 165 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:28 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Love this title, hated this issue. The art was, in my opinion, horrible. The lame "walk a mile in another's shoes" spell was so emo I almost needed therapy to recover. This was an absolute misfire.

I'll give you the art. It was kinda hard to enjoy but it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

The story however was awesome. Of course I'm a sucker for the Runaways. They need BKV to come back and start writing it again.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 648 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:45 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Love this title, hated this issue. The art was, in my opinion, horrible. The lame "walk a mile in another's shoes" spell was so emo I almost needed therapy to recover. This was an absolute misfire.

This. It was sickeningly emo, and thus came off as insincere.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 648 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:47 pm

The storyline also read like the cliff notes to a story. On the one hand, I like that the pacing isn't super decompressed, but it seems like in order to accomplish that they just cut a bunch of stuff out of it.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 115 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:20 am

loved this whole arc.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:19 am

Yes! Yes! Yes!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand