Advertisement

iZombie #24 (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 44 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

iZombie #24 (Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:14 pm

I enjoyed seeing the origin of Kennedy and her past history with events surrounding Xitalu. The scenes at the Ghost Dance concert were really well done and did a good job of making it clear to the reader the kinds of things that will happen if Xiatlu succeeds in coming to Earth.

The other thing that I came away from this issue thinking was, what the hell is going on with Horatio? At the end of last issue, I thought he had been possessed by Xitalu, but this issue made it clear that it's a lot stranger than that. Whatever he is now, it's clear that his transformation is somehow connected to whatever Adam Morlock was tapping into when he was teaming up with Ghost Dance in the 70s.

I'm going to miss this series when it ends, but at least it seems like the story is going to be wrapped up.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Shitlord

iZombie #24 (Ghost Dance Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:54 pm

With this week’s announcement that iZombie is coming to an end with #28, my worries about this book slowing down too much have been relieved. With only 5 issues left to finish off his story, Roberson has to make everything count, and although this one was a flashback, it did provide a lot of important information about Xitalu, how to stop it and why exactly Horatio turned all green last month. Agent Kennedy has been around the book for a while and in this issue we finally get to see her origin, which was cool, it’s always good to see the wacky stuff that Roberson comes up with for the Dead Presidents. I love fictional bands, so the idea of ‘Ghost Dance’ really appealed to me, and the mythology that Roberson built around them was really cool. It was good to find out that Horatio hadn’t been turned evil, but is actually possessed by the spirit that opposes Xitalu, Strider, it should be interesting to see how that plays out in the end-game. Jim Rugg’s artwork was awesome too, an excellent fill-in for Allred. A good issue, and one that hopefully signifies that the ending of iZombie will make up for a meandering middle.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Re: iZombie #24 (Ghost Dance Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Uhmm, Punchy, I created a thread about this issue just yesterday. :?

the-news-stand/izombie-spoilers-t79464.html

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Re: iZombie #24 (Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Bump, since Punchy seems to have missed this thread. :P

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Aw shit, sorry Stephen.

MODS! Somebody do a merge or something!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:04 pm

Punchy wrote:Aw shit, sorry Stephen.

MODS! Somebody do a merge or something!

No worries, it happens, I was just joking around with you. :)

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand