Advertisement

Stormwatch #8 (Abominate Cow! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Stormwatch #8 (Abominate Cow! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:05 am

A big improvement over #7, mainly because the story didn’t focus on the weird, not-adequately-explained, villains, but on the characters. The scenes here with Midnighter and Jenny Quantum were excellent, especially when Midnighter tries to kill her. It’s interesting that the book would go so dark, and good to know that even if they can’t swear and fuck anymore, some of that old Authority edge is still in these characters, they’re not just another JLA. It’ll be interesting to see where Milligan takes the idea of Midnighter trying to kill Jenny, it could be very interesting. The art was pretty poor again though, Midnighter’s costume in particular looked very clunky. Jenkins’ two-parted managed to redeem itself in part 2, can Milligan redeem the entire book when he takes over? Because while I liked this issue, this title has still been, on the whole, a rather large disappointment.

Advertisement

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Forum Manager

Re: Stormwatch #8 (Abominate Cow! Spoilers)

Postby nietoperz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:10 pm

I was SO sure you were going to label this thread 'booyah spoilers.'

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Re: Stormwatch #8 (Abominate Cow! Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:42 pm

my mamma always said if you dont have anything nice to say dont say nothing at all.........But I never listened to that bitch so here goes.
WTF??? This book should easily be one of the best books yet this is absolutely a trainwreck. There only interesting thing was midnighter trying to kill Jenny.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Plenty of great stuff
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand