Advertisement

Mighty Thor #12.1 (Staggeringly Perfect Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Mighty Thor #12.1 (Staggeringly Perfect Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 am

This issue reminded me a lot of the ‘Ages Of Thunder’ series of one-shots that Matt Fraction did a few years ago, which remain not only his best Thor stuff, but some of the best work of his career. So having Fraction revisit some tales of young Thor and some actual Norse Legends was a lot of fun and a real highlight of his run. I loved seeing some of these stories depicted in the Mighty Marvel Fashion, especially the most famous one, in which Thor has to pretend to be a woman in order to get Mjolnir back and kill a shit-ton of Frost Giants. Barry Kitson depicted all of this wonderfully. I also liked how Fraction unified all of these tales with the notion of Thor doing everything to protect his family, and in particular Loki, and the suggestion that Loki’s trickery goes beyond what we thought. It’s interesting, and given that Loki is now a child again, raises some interesting questions about his future. For now, he and Thor really are brothers, but how long can that last? Oh yeah, and how freaky was skinny Volstagg? That just wasn’t right! He’s meant to be voluminous!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand