Advertisement

Avengers Assemble #2 (Don't put that on me Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers Assemble #2 (Don't put that on me Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:01 pm

More fun action from Marvel’s movie-stars, as details of the Zodiac’s plot continue to emerge. I was very intrigued by the opening bit, with the mysterious voice talking to the members of Zodiac and guiding them to his will. Who is this disembodied voice? He wants cosmic balance or something, it has to be someone we know, a classic Avengers villain. The fight between Iron Man and Taurus was very good, Bagley really is the perfect artist for big bright superhero battles. I also like how Bendis has given us an explanation as to why it’s this group of heroes who has to stop this threat. We all know that it’s really because of the movies, but in-universe, it’s because there’s some kind of conspiracy and they have to keep it to themselves. I think Bendis is having a lot of fun writing the Hulk, he’s normally so wordy, so it must be cool to write a big green dude of few words. This title continues to be fairly inessential, but it’s fun and it is whetting my appetite for the film, which is out in less than 2 weeks in the UK! Oh yes.

Advertisement

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 88 posts

Re: Avengers Assemble #2 (Don't put that on me Spoilers)

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:11 pm

I find it fairly hilarious that Marvel would price this book at $3.99 when it's clearly geared toward bringing in new readers who might seek it out based on the movie. Seems like poorly thought out move. I won't buy it at that price, and I've been reading comics for about 30 years.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 50 posts

Re: Avengers Assemble #2 (Don't put that on me Spoilers)

Postby doombug » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Loved how Hulk acted this whole issue. If that's how Hulk is in the movie, I'll be very excited!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand