Monday, October 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Superboy #8 (Pleased to kill you Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:52 am

Yeesh, I’m really getting lost with this book now. Every issue starts off in a completely different place to where the last one ended, and this issue had a whole new bunch of villains in there. Gone are Templar and Centrehall, now we have some weirdoes called Omen and Harvest. What? I guess it’s my own fault for not reading Teen Titans, but for the first 5 or so issues this title did a decent enough job of standing at least somewhat alone. Now though… this ‘Culling’ crossover seems to have come out of nowhere. I suppose I’ll have to check out the Teen Titans annual that kicks it off, but really, I’m not that interested in following the story, especially since it’s going to involve a book written by Howard bleedin’ Mackie. I may have to drop this book, which is a shame because on it’s day it can be pretty damn interesting, and the fight between Superboy and Grunge here is a case in point, that was a really entertaining battle. I think DC made a mistake in tying this book so closely to Teen Titans so early on, it didn’t allow either book to develop it’s own identity. At least we got to see some more Gen13 characters, and now Beast Boy, who is red for some reason.

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:41 am

Out of nowhere ? DC has been teasing The Culling for months now. It's also been mentioned in the DC Nation blurbs at the end of the books.

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Not a bad issue but that last page made me want to murder everyone involved.

So now Omen is a torturer, Beast Boy is red, and Terra is from Tron? I hate you so much Lobdell and Booth.

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:26 pm

I wish they'd taken the opportunity to redesign Grunge.

leave a comment with facebook