Advertisement

Superboy #8 (Pleased to kill you Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Superboy #8 (Pleased to kill you Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:52 am

Yeesh, I’m really getting lost with this book now. Every issue starts off in a completely different place to where the last one ended, and this issue had a whole new bunch of villains in there. Gone are Templar and Centrehall, now we have some weirdoes called Omen and Harvest. What? I guess it’s my own fault for not reading Teen Titans, but for the first 5 or so issues this title did a decent enough job of standing at least somewhat alone. Now though… this ‘Culling’ crossover seems to have come out of nowhere. I suppose I’ll have to check out the Teen Titans annual that kicks it off, but really, I’m not that interested in following the story, especially since it’s going to involve a book written by Howard bleedin’ Mackie. I may have to drop this book, which is a shame because on it’s day it can be pretty damn interesting, and the fight between Superboy and Grunge here is a case in point, that was a really entertaining battle. I think DC made a mistake in tying this book so closely to Teen Titans so early on, it didn’t allow either book to develop it’s own identity. At least we got to see some more Gen13 characters, and now Beast Boy, who is red for some reason.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 481 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Superboy #8 (Pleased to kill you Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:41 am

Out of nowhere ? DC has been teasing The Culling for months now. It's also been mentioned in the DC Nation blurbs at the end of the books.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 365 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Not a bad issue but that last page made me want to murder everyone involved.

So now Omen is a torturer, Beast Boy is red, and Terra is from Tron? I hate you so much Lobdell and Booth.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:26 pm

I wish they'd taken the opportunity to redesign Grunge.
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand