Friday, July 29, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I need some feedback on these

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:11 am

deliverme.jpg
CTTQ.jpg

It's a thing going on at another site - create a pop single cover for two people that have not done a duet together before. I chose Adam Levine and Lana Del Rey.

feedback, critique, suggestions welcome

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:26 am

I like the second one a little better. The font in the first is a bit harsh to the eyes.

The second one, I like the plainer font but I think you could use the mixed color that you used in it to drive the eye where you want to drive it.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:31 am

Timbales wrote:
deliverme.jpg
CTTQ.jpg

It's a thing going on at another site - create a pop single cover for two people that have not done a duet together before. I chose Adam Levine and Lana Del Rey.

feedback, critique, suggestions welcome

I like the second one better,I like the minimalist font

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:37 am

the second one I was going for "artists trying to be hipsters" cred

here's a different set that's more trashy, straight-up pop

whipem.jpg

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:41 am

Timbales wrote:the second one I was going for "artists trying to be hipsters" cred

here's a different set that's more trashy, straight-up pop

whipem.jpg

I love this one. :smt005

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:50 am

minor tweak

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Timbales wrote:minor tweak

The one thing I think make make sense is to see if you can color Katy's lips the same shade as Nicki's. Tie it together.

SpiderGeek

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby SpiderGeek » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:10 am

The second one is definitely better than the first. Or try the first with another font maybe

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:48 am

The one with the typewriter font shouldn't have their names on their bodies ... maybe stacked on each side like:

Lana
Del
Rey

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:21 am

Timbales wrote:minor tweak

I don't like the mask you use on this one. The skin tone on Perry doesn't look natural, but it's not extreme enough to look like it's meant to be a graphical tweak. She just looks sickly. Sickly hot, but still sickly.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:01 am

Wow - I am so not into whatever they call music today. From those above, I've only heard of Katy Perry because she has breasts.

The Method

Steroid User

Postby The Method » Thu May 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Of the first two, I concur with those that stated the simple minimalistic second one works great.

The Katy/Nikki one I'm not a big fan of the red unless you used the red with the two ladies, for instance, their lipstick. Also, the font color does nothing for the piece. Perhaps, cut the letters out of the red revealing their bodies underneath.

You've put some good work into it. It just needs to come together.

pazos001

Whale Castrato

Postby pazos001 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:58 pm

second one is cool.
i like minimal shit.

leave a comment with facebook