Advertisement

Thunderbolts #173 (...you killed yourself Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Thunderbolts #173 (...you killed yourself Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:02 pm

This latest arc of Thunderbolts is making me feel really nostalgic. I first started reading comics during Heroes Reborn (and somehow the horrors of Rob Liefeld Avengers didn’t scare me away for life) and the original Thunderbolts remind me of that time, when the world of comics was new and exciting and I hadn’t read solicitations months in advance and knew what to expect. Ah, memories. Anyways, this was another damn good issue, as the current Thunderbolts fight, and then join forces with the original team. Jeff Parker has a lot of fun with this, and this whole story is just manna from heaven for a Thunderbolts nerd. I really appreciated how the focus was really kept on the characters, the Fixer in particular, and the comparison between how he was and how he is was fascinating. Especially when he killed his past self! I certainly wasn’t expecting that, from years of reading time-travel stories you expect them to dance around the edges and not change anything, but nope, Parker shocked us. Just like those heady days when I was young and, I don’t know what to expect at all. Is this book an actual time machine?

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Thunderbolts #173 (...you killed yourself Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:31 am

I wasn't expecting that ending either. The thing is though, I don't think it's really that big a deal since it's been established for years now that straight time travel isn't possible in the MU. When somebody travels in time they don't travel backward down their own timeline. Instead, they travel sideways as well into a new timeline that the process of time traveling itself creates. So it really doesn't matter in the long run that Techno killed a past version of himself from another timeline because he still hasn't changed his own past.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand