Advertisement

Incredible Hulk #7 (I'm sorry Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Incredible Hulk #7 (I'm sorry Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:24 pm

A strong ending to what has been a very uneven opening story arc for Jason Aaron’s Hulk run. Most of those problems have been with the artwork, which isn’t really Aaron’s fault, but even then, his writing hasn’t been as brilliant as his Wolverine/Scalped/Ghost Rider best. This issue features something we never thought we’d see, the death of Bruce Banner, he is obliterated in a nuclear explosion, and the scenes of him melting away were absolutely fantastic, those images will stay with me. It’s going to be very interesting to see what kind of character the Hulk will be now without Bruce, and how this arc has changed our perspective on their relationship, Hulk was not a curse, but a blessing, an outlet for the anger within him that could have turned Bruce Banner into a true monster, and in the end, did. That said, we’ll obviously see Bruce again, someone will find a way to resurrect him and recombine him with the Hulk, they always do, but for now, we’re in new territory, and it’s exciting. I also really like how this issue set up an antagonism between the Hulk and Doctor Doom, not content with having the FF as his mortal enemies, Victor now has the Hulk hating him, the balls on that guy! Also interesting is what the other Von Doom, Amanda, plans to do with all of Bruce’s gamma experiments (aside from have sex with them), I’m looking forward to seeing where Aaron takes Amanda, and what her back-story is. Hopefully this book will improve now, with the artist muddle behind it, the future’s bright.

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 410 posts
Title: Self Important

Re: Incredible Hulk #7 (I'm sorry Spoilers)

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:18 am

I can't believe you didn't mention pants. Hulk stealing pants was by far the most standout moment of this issue.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:39 am

Huh. So, answer me this, then: Hulk's...intelligent, then? Because if he is...I'd go back and buy this run, just to see the end of Bruce Banner (for now, obviously).

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 10 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:24 am

God the art on this series was atrocious. Silvestri lasted like what, An issue and a half? Then Portacio came in and stunk it up, but hell even when Silvestri was doing it it looked like crap. I may have enjoyed this more if it weren't for the art. :smt011

Now with that out of the way...

I'm sure Bruce is locked away inside the Hulk somewhere. Being that the Hulk was holding him out in front of himself as the bomb was going off they'll say Bruce's psyche or whatever was somehow absorbed by the Hulk during the blast. I'm curious to see what the other "Hulks" will have to say about all this. I liked the whole "Hulk family" thing they had going on before they pulled this stunt. Hopefully that will be revisited and those questions answered. I would think at the very least Jen will have something to say about it. Now after thinking about it, if they could turn this around into a Hulk vs the other "Hulks" that would be kinda cool. Thin the heard a little bit as it were.

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Postby DMM » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:06 am

The writing in this series has been crap. It feels completely phoned-in. The art stinks, too, but it matches the level of effort it feels like was put into the writing. All around a sloppy, stupid, cheap comic book. When I'm done reading an issue, I can't believe I paid four dollars for it. It's worth maybe a buck an issue in regards to quality of art and story.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:05 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Huh. So, answer me this, then: Hulk's...intelligent, then? Because if he is...I'd go back and buy this run, just to see the end of Bruce Banner (for now, obviously).

He's not PAD smart but he's not a raging bafoon.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:01 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
He's not PAD smart but he's not a raging bafoon.

Huh. Thanks...it seems there's some quality concerns, so I might wait a bit longer.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:56 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Huh. Thanks...it seems there's some quality concerns, so I might wait a bit longer.

I don't know, I've ignored most of the art issues but the book has been smart, fun and enjoyable.

- Les Paul

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:33 am

Me, after reading Justice League #8: Jesus Christ, there is no goddamn way in hell I'll read a worse fucking comic than this this week.

Jason Aaron: Haha, gotcha sucker!!!

This book is so fucking awful. How can this be the same guy who's currently writing the most fun X-book in at least 20 years???

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Postby DMM » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:30 pm

chap22 wrote:Me, after reading Justice League #8: Jesus Christ, there is no goddamn way in hell I'll read a worse fucking comic than this this week.

Jason Aaron: Haha, gotcha sucker!!!

This book is so fucking awful. How can this be the same guy who's currently writing the most fun X-book in at least 20 years???

I know what you mean.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand