Advertisement

Uncanny X-Force #24 (This is gonna su-- Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Force #24 (This is gonna su-- Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:08 pm

A big improvement over the last arc, and not least because the art was legible. I normally quite like Greg Tocchini, but it must be said his stuff on this title was a bit of a mess. Thankfully, Phil Noto is anything but messy, and his art here was top quality, I would love to see him on this book permanently, he’s a great fit. This issue follows two storylines, the first is Wolverine, Deadpool and Nightcrawler attempting to kill the Age Of Apocalypse version of Iceman, who is now totally evil and stuff. I really enjoyed this sequence, it was inventive in it’s use of the various mutant abilities, and you really felt the emotions Kurt was going though as he killed his former friend, their bare-knuckle fight was heart-breaking. The second story dealt with the aftermath of the Otherworld story, with the funeral of Jamie Braddock and Captain Britain chewing out Fantomex. I was mainly interested in this story to see how Remender was writing Captain Britain, as his take on him here seems different from how he’s using him in Secret Avengers, does one story take place before the other? Psylocke being unable to feel sorrow is an interesting development, and it should make her much more lethal in service of the team, but it’s sad to see her like this. At least she got laid though, good on ya Fantomex!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1049 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Uncanny X-Force #24 (This is gonna su-- Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Punchy wrote:Thankfully, Phil Noto is anything but messy, and his art here was top quality, I would love to see him on this book permanently, he’s a great fit.

Agreed.

I was mainly interested in this story to see how Remender was writing Captain Britain, as his take on him here seems different from how he’s using him in Secret Avengers, does one story take place before the other?

He wasn't in it for very long and the way that I took it was simply a man mourning the loss of his brother. They were still in Otherworld at the time, so I don't think that much time had passed. Any differences in his personality can simply be explained at the grief he must feel, especially since he couldn't do anything to stop his sister from using his body to murder their brother.

Psylocke being unable to feel sorrow is an interesting development, and it should make her much more lethal in service of the team, but it’s sad to see her like this. At least she got laid though, good on ya Fantomex!

I have never been what you would call a fan of Psylocke but I am definitely interested in this turn of events. While I know that there have been some feelings that have developed between Psylocke and Fantomex, I am curious if her decision to basically offer herself to him isn't directly related to the fact that she can no longer fill sorrow. Its not like she has the capacity to regret doing it later anymore.
ImageImageImage

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:19 pm

LOVED this issue.

Definitely up there with the books previous highs prior to the Otherworld arc. And Final Execution looks great, so I have a good feeling that this book is back on top now.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Cool, I'll pick up the trade when the time comes, hope it's not one of those new over-overpriced ones Marvel has been soliciting lately.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Victorian Mole wrote:Cool, I'll pick up the trade when the time comes, hope it's not one of those new over-overpriced ones Marvel has been soliciting lately.

Dunno about overpriced ones, but I picked up the first Wolverine & The X-Men HC ($19.99) and it even has a bunch of extras in the back. I was surprised.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Holland Oats wrote:
Dunno about overpriced ones, but I picked up the first Wolverine & The X-Men HC ($19.99) and it even has a bunch of extras in the back. I was surprised.

I can't remember, but they had cut the number of issues for some after they were solicited, kept the same cover price. IIRC. Maybe later I'll try and find the link.

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby The Bass » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:38 am

Bought the issue, the first since they dumped Opena for Greg Tocchhini, very disapointed we're losing him in favour of McKone. Not happy

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 217 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:36 am

After the last few issues this was a breath of fresh air. And look at that art that you can ...... well look at without your eyes bleeding.
I kinda wish though that they had said why Iceman went evil. I loved that fight though. You could feel each blow.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:38 am

avengingtitan wrote:After the last few issues this was a breath of fresh air. And look at that art that you can ...... well look at without your eyes bleeding.
I kinda wish though that they had said why Iceman went evil. I loved that fight though. You could feel each blow.

They did say, he was broken into a million pieces and when he reformed he had lost his humanity.

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby The Bass » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:39 am

At this point I'm openly questioning if I should buy the hardcover of this arc when it comes out. The last time my completionist tendendies clashed with my hatred of bad art was when Larry Stroman was on X-Factor...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand