Advertisement

Wonder Woman #8 (Life is brief Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Wonder Woman #8 (Life is brief Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:43 am

Another excellent instalment of Wonder Woman, I’m getting a real kick out of seeing Azzarello’s interpretations of Greek Myth, and his depiction of the Underworld may have been the best yet. It was just truly creepy, Cliff Chiang did brilliantly with the panels where you saw the bodies that made up the architecture. Chiang also kicked-ass on the action sequences of this issue, the fights between Wonder Woman, Hermes and the zombies were very well choreographed, I especially liked the panel where Wonder Woman decapitated a bunch of zombies whilst flipping over in mid-air. The ending was very interesting, now that Hades has shot Diana with Eros’ gun, does that mean she’s fallen in love with him? If so, next issue is going to be weird, Wonder Woman fawning over a little kid with a candle for a head.

Advertisement

Sromkie
underclassman

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Wonder Woman #8 (Life is brief Spoilers)

Postby Sromkie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:49 am

This book has surprised me more than any other in the new 52 with how different, and just wonderful, it is.

I really liked the idea of modernizing Eros' "weapon" to guns instead of arrows. I'm not sure exactly why Hermes gave WW the guns, though. What was his plan? I'm definitely curious about the next issue.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 239 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Wonder Woman #8 (Life is brief Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Right. I'm wondering if Hermes knew or not that Diana's bracers wouldn't stop bullets from Eros' gun :idea:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand