Advertisement

Blue Beetle #8 (Good for 'hits' Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 75 posts
Title: Shitlord

Blue Beetle #8 (Good for 'hits' Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 am

Jaime’s adventures in New York continue, and I really enjoyed his fight with Stopwatch here, it’s interesting that once again our hero has kind of messed-up and made things worse. What if Stopwatch had been able to go back in time and prevent the deaths of all the Short-Timers? Now that Blue Beetle has blown up his machine, he can’t do that, so does Jaime have more screw-ups on his list? I’m really liking that Bedard is showing how difficult being a teen superhero would be, nothing is coming off easy for Jaime and it’s exciting to see if he’ll turn it around, or if he’ll keep screwing up. Of course, getting into a ruck with a Green Lantern is hardly the best step towards rehabilitation. I’m glad that they’ve kept the hatred between the Beetle Armour and the Green Lanterns in the new DCU, and I think it’s a good idea that they’ve reversed the way the animosity works, with the Beetle going crazy in the presence of a GL, rather than the other way around. One thing I found interesting is that the bug-suit said that Time-Travel is impossible, when we already know that characters like Booster Gold and the Legion Lost have time-travelled in the new continuity. I wonder how that will play out in the inevitable meeting between Beetle and Booster?

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Blue Beetle #8 (Good for 'hits' Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:05 pm

The Legion Lost team was already in the time-stream when the Flashpoint event screwed up time-travel. That's why, among other reasons, they can't go back.

I don't read JLI so not sure about why or how Booster has been able to time-travel.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand