Saturday, July 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Marvel Universe on Disney XD Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:16 am

Ultimate Spider-man continues to improve each week.

I still have my issues with it, but I think it could grow to become a good show.

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:06 am

Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty cool this morning, using the Iron Spider-Man was very enjoyable. Iron Man being on the show was awesome! Living Laser is such a cheesy villain but they actually were able to make him seem like a real threat on the show.

Avengers EMH was pretty damn good today too. Seeing the Kree show up on Earth, I thought for a second Skrull Cap was going to tip his hand when he attacked the Kree so quickly, that really took Iron Man by surprise. Ms Marvel was awesome as was seeing the SWORD crew! The show while good, it just seems that this season hasn't really hit it's stride yet. There are so many things on the table that are coming up that it kinda seems like they are treading water just waiting for the "next big thing" to happen.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Wait until the Wolverine episode in Ultimate Spider-Man (episode nine). You'll be crying with laughter. First episode I really enjoyed of the show.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:27 pm

LOVED Ms. Marvel on Avengers. Never read much of her in the books to get into her, but this episode made me dig her a lot. Just like last season with Mockingbird. Loved seeing SWORD and Agent Brand.

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Greg wrote:LOVED Ms. Marvel on Avengers. Never read much of her in the books to get into her, but this episode made me dig her a lot. Just like last season with Mockingbird. Loved seeing SWORD and Agent Brand.

Always loved Carol, which is one of the reasons why I never liked Rogue.
Good ep, but like T was getting at, all this build up this season kinda leaves me unsatisfied each week.

And USM was very bleh.
I just don't like the setup with Spidey and the others involved with Shield. Don't like the teen Power Man and Iron Fist. And I hate all the attempts at humor. The fourth wall breaking, the imaginary stuff, and even the in story jokes are just not funny.

And I wonder if this is the Iron Man we're gonna get in the new Marvel made Avengers show.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:05 pm

I enjoyed USM. :smt102

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:53 pm

KingPagla wrote:Always loved Carol, which is one of the reasons why I never liked Rogue.
Good ep, but like T was getting at, all this build up this season kinda leaves me unsatisfied each week.

And USM was very bleh.
I just don't like the setup with Spidey and the others involved with Shield. Don't like the teen Power Man and Iron Fist. And I hate all the attempts at humor. The fourth wall breaking, the imaginary stuff, and even the in story jokes are just not funny.

And I wonder if this is the Iron Man we're gonna get in the new Marvel made Avengers show.

Exactly even though I have been enjoying this season, I have not enjoyed nearly as much as I did the first season. Each episode seems like it ends right when the good stuff is about to happen, then instead of the good stuff happening in the next episode it just starts building again. I know, well I hope that, in the end the payoff is going to be so good that I don't even think about this anymore.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Ms. Marvel.

Voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Two of my favorite things with vaginas, merged into one thing with a vagina.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Ms. Marvel was cool, obviously, but I really liked Brand too. I wish she'd kicked Gyrich's ass though. :-D

Even though the Kree were involved, I didn't expect Ronan, and I marked out huge when he came out. :smt041

I liked Cap going off the handle like that and ruining any chance to settle stuff peacefully. I hope Marvel does end up becoming a super hero and uses his super hero suit, I hate the Ultimate one.

I liked the glimpse of Kang when the imprisoned the Kree soldiers.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Strict31 wrote:Ms. Marvel.

Voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Two of my favorite things with vaginas, merged into one thing with a vagina.

That's girl Shepard right?

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:27 pm

misac wrote:
That's girl Shepard right?

Indeed. I remember being pleasantly surprised to hear Hale voice Coral Danvers when the character was first introduced, but she's just about the perfect V.O. actress for the role.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:31 am

Really strong episode of Avengers, loving Jennifer Hale as Ms. Marvel.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:58 am

KingPagla wrote:And USM was very bleh.

I'm not loving USM but I don't hate it either. I did laugh at the super deformed and Super Hero Squad dimensions. I also find it humorous how they portray the "adult" superheroes. Fury is ill tempered and Stark is a total jerk. It's how kids in their position might view the adults.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:09 am

sdsichero wrote:
I'm not loving USM but I don't hate it either. I did laugh at the super deformed and Super Hero Squad dimensions. I also find it humorous how they portray the "adult" superheroes. Fury is ill tempered and Stark is a total jerk. It's how kids in their position might view the adults.

This is how most adults will view them as well, because Fury is ill-tempered and Stark is a jerk.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 am

Strict31 wrote:
This is how most adults will view them as well, because Fury is ill-tempered and Stark is a jerk.

True enough.

leave a comment with facebook