Advertisement

Review Group Poll for May 2nd

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Pick a comic, any comic... or pick a movie... a movie? WTF?!

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2012 7:56 am

BART SIMPSON'S PAL MILHOUSE #1
13%
DIAL H #1
56%
EARTH TWO #1
6%
FURY MAX #1
6%
GARFIELD #1
6%
MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS
6%
MIND THE GAP #1
No votes
THE SPIDER #1
No votes
X-O MANOWAR #1
6%
OTHER (Got a better suggestion? Post it!)
No votes

Total votes : 16

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 63 posts

Review Group Poll for May 2nd

Postby ****** » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:56 am

The Review Group needs something to review (and people to review it!) next week. Vote for one of the selections provided or write in a vote of a single issue comic you believe would be more suitable.

BART SIMPSON'S PAL MILHOUSE #1
Written by Pat McGreal, Gail Simone, art by Bob Smith, Carol Lay.
Bart Simpson's pal Milhouse takes center stage in the next of our series of Simpsons Comics One-Shots. Take a look at the world of Springfield through the eyes of Bart's bespectacled best friend, second banana, and juvenile delinquent wannabe, and the fantastical things you see through his thick lenses might surprise you. 32 pages, $2.99.

DIAL H #1
Written by CHINA MIEVILLE
Art by MATEUS SANTOLOUCO
Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
1:25 Variant cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND
On sale MAY 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
• A brand new series by bestselling and Hugo award winning novelist CHINA MIEVILLE!
• What would happen if you discovered the H Dial, an unbelievably powerful artifact that turned you into a super hero?
• And what if you found out that the world is threatened by this very device that’s become your uncontrollable obsession?
• These are just the first questions asked in this thrilling and inventive storyline that introduces the strangest super heroes and super villains in the DCU while exploring the boundaries of reality!

EARTH TWO #1
Written by JAMES ROBINSON
Art by NICOLA SCOTT and TREVOR SCOTT
Cover by GREG CAPULLO
1:25 Variant cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
On sale MAY 2 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
• First issue of an ongoing series from writer JAMES ROBINSON and artist NICOLA SCOTT!
• Who are the heroes of EARTH 2 – and what befell them?
• Starring ALAN SCOTT, JAY GARRICK and many others!
• You may think you know Earth 2…but this is DC Comics – The New 52, where anything can happen!
• Don’t miss the extra-sized debut issue!

FURY MAX #1
GARTH ENNIS (w) • GORAN PARLOV (a)
Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
• Garth Ennis (Punisher MAX, Preacher) and Goran Parlov (Punisher MAX) reunite to bring you the life of Marvel’s hardest soldier like no one else could.
• In the wake of World War II, Fury is fast running out of battles to fight. But the world’s superpowers are gearing up for a new kind of war and they’ll need a man like Fury to win it. 32 PGS./Explicit Content …$3.99

GARFIELD #1
Written by Mark Evanier, art and cover by Gary Barker.
This May, everyone's favorite lasagna-scarfing cat opens the fridge to an all-new ongoing comic book series! Join Garfield as he begins his monthly exploits with Jon, Odie, and the rest of the gang in the latest all-ages must-read from KaBOOM! The Garfield Show writer and comics luminary Mark Evanier teams up with beloved Garfield strip cartoonist Gary Barker to bring you all the laughs (and lasagna) you can handle. 32 pages, $3.99.

MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS
Director: Joss Whedon
Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Clark Gregg, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cobie Smulders
When Thor's evil brother Loki gains access to the unlimited power of the Cosmic Cube, Nick Fury, director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., initiates a superhero recruitment effort to defeat this unprecedented threat to Earth. Joining Fury's ``dream team'' are Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye.

MIND THE GAP #1
story JIM McCANN
art / cover RODIN ESQUEJO & SONIA OBACK
48 PAGES / FC / T+ $2.99
After Elle Peterssen is mysteriously attacked on a Manhattan subway platform, she is left in a coma, the only clues to her attacker trapped inside her mind. No one knows the identity of the person behind this brutal beating or where they will strike next. In this ALL-NEW ONGOING series, everyone is suspect, and no one is innocent. USAToday calls it an “anxiously anticipated modern thriller…Whodunit? McCann's done it again.”
Eisner-winning writer JIM McCANN joins RODIN ESQUEJO (MORNING GLORIES) and SONIA OBACK (S.H.I.E.L.D., The Defenders) unite for a psychological thriller that will leave you guessing at every turn!

THE SPIDER #1
Written by David Liss, art by Colton Worley, covers by Alex Ross, John Cassaday, Francesco Francavilla, Ron Lesser.
One of the greatest pulp characters of all time is now re-launched into the 21st century! The world knows Richard Wentworth as a decorated war hero and the son of a wealthy industrialist ñ but only a few confidants know the truth. As New York City slides into violence and despair, Wentworth has transformed himself into a force of justice as The Spider! With only his wits, his technology, and his pistols to aid him, he fights a one-man war against crime, but when a mysterious new villain threatens the city with an unspeakable horror, it may be more than even The Spider can handle. How far will a sane man go to restore order to an insane world? 32 pages, $3.99.

X-O MANOWAR #1
Story by Robert Venditti
Art by Cary Nord
Publisher Valiant Entertainment
Cover Price: $3.99
The summer's biggest super-hero epic is getting even bigger! To celebrate the return of the Valiant Universe on May 2nd, Valiant is proud to announce that X-O Manowar #1 is expanding to a colossal 40 pages! From visionary creators Robert Venditti (The Surrogates) and Cary Nord (Conan), the transformation of fifth century Visigoth Aric of Dacia into the alien-armored weapon of destruction known as X-O Manowar kicks off with a 29-page lead story -- plus an extra-added preview of Valiant's June debut issue, Harbinger #1 -- all for the originally solicited cover price of $3.99
Last edited by ****** on Tue May 01, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 32 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Re: Review Group Poll for May 2nd

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:58 am

I went with Dial H over The Spider. Either would be an acceptable choice.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:59 am

Obvious choice is obvious.

Postby ****** » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:01 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Obvious choice is obvious.

Milhouse? In spite of the Gail Simone credit, I might just agree. :wink:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: Re: Review Group Poll for May 2nd

Postby bkthomson » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:11 am

amlah6 wrote:
Milhouse? In spite of the Gail Simone credit, I might just agree. :wink:

Yeah going with mikhouse too.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Re: Re: Review Group Poll for May 2nd

Postby ****** » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:22 am

bkthomson wrote:Yeah going with mikhouse too.

You can still post that Reset review, you know. Kind of silly to buy the comic special and then not. :wink:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: Re: Re: Review Group Poll for May 2nd

Postby bkthomson » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:26 am

amlah6 wrote:
You can still post that Reset review, you know. Kind of silly to buy the comic special and then not. :wink:

I plan to.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1041 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:03 am

Garfield IMO.

Postby ****** » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:13 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Garfield IMO.

He's no Heathcliff, but Garfield's a pimp cat nonetheless.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:03 am

I think you could review just about any Garfield strip, and who could ever tell the difference?

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 425 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Dial H

Thank you Troy for the sig

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Ok I will change my vote to Milhouse or Spider, whatever, to keep Dial H from winning.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 pm

Hit up Milhouse,

Postby ****** » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Ok I will change my vote to Milhouse or Spider, whatever, to keep Dial H from winning.

Has Mieville done anything in comics other than get shafted by Didio?

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 pm

X-O MANOWAR #1

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand