Advertisement

Moon Knight #12--THANK YOU BENDIS!--Spoilers and stuff.

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 59 posts

Moon Knight #12--THANK YOU BENDIS!--Spoilers and stuff.

Postby Rikk Odinson » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:22 pm

So, I just want to say Thank You, to BMB for not killing Moon Knight or otherwise screwing him up even more in some way!
As a life long fan, I appreciate that.

Anyway, This was the last issue of the book and story and it pretty well wrapped things up. MK was still having the multiple hallucinations but it looks like Bendis was changing the personalities up some.Since the book is canned, It doesn't really matter too much. Hopefully the next writer will ignore it but after Hudson and Bendis run, I'm guessing that no matter who writes him next, we are stuck with batshit crazy Moon Knight from here on out.

On to the issue it self, it was decent. The story moved along pretty quick ( out of necessity) but Maleev's art still looked like crap to me most of the time.
I'd say my favorite part of the book was the bit of meta commentary at the end between Marc and his assistant.

All in all, I was starting to enjoy Bendis run on the book and will be sad to see it gone. It would have been nice if it did well enough to continue without him but hopefully, the next relaunch wont be far off.

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 465 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Moon Knight #12--THANK YOU BENDIS!--Spoilers and stuff.

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Dunno why but i had a hard time with this title (not #12, I never got that far). Just couldn't get into it. Liked Vengeance better.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby Rikk Odinson » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:37 pm

sdsichero wrote:Dunno why but i had a hard time with this title (not #12, I never got that far). Just couldn't get into it. Liked Vengeance better.

I think VotMK was much better too. Another volume of MK cut short.

I had a hard time with Bendis's book at first myself. I still am not "happy" about the new personalities he introduced but somewhere around issue 7 or 8, it started to gel with me. I was at least interested in the story enough to want to see it play out longer at any rate.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:20 am

Bendis and Maleev’s run on Moon Knight comes to an end in an enjoyable fashion, but I was kind of annoyed that it wasn’t Moon Knight himself who managed to defeat Count Nefaria. Yes, calling in the Avengers makes sense and there’s no real way that MK could beat Nefaria without it being stupid, but it’s not very satisfying to have Thor just come in and sort everything out. Oh well, that’s what you get when you put street-characters up against cosmically powerful bad-guys. I really enjoyed the stuff with Nefaria in the police station, when he burned that corrupt police chief down to a skeleton… that was hardcore. Maleev’s art was excellent as usual and Bendis’ dialogue was damn good, especially the bit at the end with Tony Stark explaining the threat of Ultron to Spector and Buck Lime, I can’t wait for that story. Overall this has been a good book, certainly the best Moon Knight I’ve ever read (but that’s not much). I would have liked to have seen more of Marc Spector’s misadventures in Hollywood, but that’s a nitpick, this was a great 12-issue story and I look forward to reading wherever Moon Knight shows up next.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 339 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 am

I've found this series very readable over the course of it's run and this issue was no exception. The final fight was fun. I agree with Punchy that it would have been preferable for Moon Knight to have beaten Nefaria on his own, but the power difference between them probably dictated the ending be what it was.

In a lot of ways I'm going to miss this series, but as a long time Moon Knight fan I await seeing where he goes from here.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Marius665
Society Member

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Marius665 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:29 pm

I hate that he killed Echo...

Hating SKYWATCHER since forever! Image

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Postby GHERU » Wed May 02, 2012 8:13 pm

loved this issue
loved this book

haters gonna hate, Bendis can write Moon Knight anyday
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand