Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #11 (I disappear for a while Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Men #11 (I disappear for a while Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 am

Unlike most of the other AvX tie-ins that I’ve read so far, this issue was really just an expansion of what we’ve seen in the main title. So we see the events and fights that we’ve already seen, but now Kieron Gillen goes inside the character’s heads and we see what’s motivating them as they punch the shit out of each other. My favourite scenes in this issue were the ones narrated by Namor, because not only was it good to get an explanation as to why a former Avenger and one of Captain America’s closest allies is siding with the X-Men, but also because Kieron Gillen’s Namor is just so damn awesome. I also really liked that we got an insight into what Colossus is going through as the Juggernaut, and that we got a reason for Rulk to win that one. The scenes with Hope were also interesting, I wonder what her plan is? In AvX #2 it seemed like she was just running away scared, but obviously not. I’m also glad that Gillen has kept going some of his subplots, especially UNIT. Greg Land was Greg Land, but I did like his full Cytorrakked-out Colossus.

Advertisement

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 59 posts

Re: Uncanny X-Men #11 (I disappear for a while Spoilers)

Postby Rikk Odinson » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:20 am

I really dug this ish for all the reasons you stated. I especially liked Cykes letter.

Greg Land was great and I'm really liking GiIllen's X-Men too. Glad I started reading The X-men again.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Rikk Odinson wrote:I really dug this ish for all the reasons you stated. I especially liked Cykes letter.

Greg Land was great and I'm really liking GiIllen's X-Men too. Glad I started reading The X-men again.

Scott's letter was a nice touch.

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:43 am

Punchy wrote:Unlike most of the other AvX tie-ins that I’ve read so far, this issue was really just an expansion of what we’ve seen in the main title. So we see the events and fights that we’ve already seen, but now Kieron Gillen goes inside the character’s heads and we see what’s motivating them as they punch the shit out of each other. My favourite scenes in this issue were the ones narrated by Namor, because not only was it good to get an explanation as to why a former Avenger and one of Captain America’s closest allies is siding with the X-Men, but also because Kieron Gillen’s Namor is just so damn awesome. I also really liked that we got an insight into what Colossus is going through as the Juggernaut, and that we got a reason for Rulk to win that one. The scenes with Hope were also interesting, I wonder what her plan is? In AvX #2 it seemed like she was just running away scared, but obviously not. I’m also glad that Gillen has kept going some of his subplots, especially UNIT. Greg Land was Greg Land, but I did like his full Cytorrakked-out Colossus.

Namor's insight is why he's always been my favorite anti-hero, everytime I read that bit I get chills. Def my favorite moment of the week. :D

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand