Advertisement

Superman #8 (Don't do despot Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Superman #8 (Don't do despot Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:00 pm

Another pretty good issue of Superman, I have to say I’m liking the Jurgens/Giffen take way better than the Perez one, and this is only after 2 issues. It was obvious that the opening stuff with Superman being on the run was a Helspont-induced hallucination, but it was a well-done action sequence nonetheless, and it looks like the fears on show here will play a big role in the coming months. Helspont is a decent villain, but he is annoyingly verbose, I was glad when he shut up and started to fight. It was interesting to see Lucy Lane show-up, I wonder what her characterisation will be like, will she be the more militaristic Daddy’s girl like she was when she became Superwoman? Or will she get married to Ron Troupe? I noticed she’s not blind here.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 181 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Superman #8 (Don't do despot Spoilers)

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Maybe she'll start dating Clark.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Liam Rodgers
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 122 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Re: Superman #8 (Don't do despot Spoilers)

Postby Liam Rodgers » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Was that it to the arc then? Superman wouldn't fall to the dark side, slapped around Heelspont then back to Metropolis for dinner?

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand