Advertisement

American Vampire #26 (You are the proof Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

American Vampire #26 (You are the proof Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Holy crap, was that a Werewolf at the end there? Is AV branching out into other monsters now? If so, that would be awesome, but then again, vampires in other stories (such as oh, I dunno, Dracula) have the ability to turn into dogs, so this may just be another species of Vampire, with Calvin’s role as a Taxonomist, I can see that being the case. I liked how this issue used the issue or Race in 1950s America, and how it paralleled Calvin’s position as a black man with that of being part of an entirely new species and the conflict between his type of Vampire and other types. I also really liked how this story played with your expectations, at first you think the old guys are racist, but then you think, nope, they’re OK. But then it’s a double-twist and they’re not only racist but also Vampires or maybe Werewolves! Scott Snyder, always keeping you on your toes. I liked that we got to see some more of Calvin and find out a bit about his back-story, such as his brother, it’s great that this book is developing such a large cast, it gives it an epic feel. It was also good to see Roger Cruz show up as guest-artist, I remember when he was the by-word for lame 90s X-Men fill-ins, but whilst he’s still filling-in here, he does a great job and maintained Albuquerque’s style well.

Advertisement

The Bass

Liked in: 0 post

Re: American Vampire #26 (You are the proof Spoilers)

Postby The Bass » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Looks like I picked the right time to drop the book. Werewolves? Roger Cruz? No thanks.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand