Advertisement

Secret Avengers #26 (Booze to build confidence Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Secret Avengers #26 (Booze to build confidence Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:42 am

Seeing Renato Guedes draw the wrong Beast reminded me of how much I dislike Cat-Beast. I’ve kind of accepted it’s existence, but seeing Monkey-Beast again just reminded me of how much cooler that version of the character is. This issue was a damn good tie-in, which showed the attempts of this team of Avengers to take down the Phoenix Force before it gets to Earth. Predictably they failed, but Remender still found time for some great character moments. I particularly like Beast calling out Captain Britain for his arrogance and foolhardiness (is that a word?) and I like that Remender seems to be trying to finally elevate Cap to the top echelon of heroes where he belongs. The stuff with the Kree is also interesting, what with this issue it and the most recent issue of Avengers, it looks like they’ll be playing a surprisingly large role in this story, something to do with ‘the ascension’. The return of Mar-Vell is interesting too, it’s always good to see him again but what with Ms Marvel’s upcoming name-change and new series, I don’t think he’ll be sticking around for long (if it’s even the real Mar-Vell, could be a Skrull or something again), at least he’s wearing the cool green costume.

Advertisement

Psivage
FROGMAN

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: shake it baby, shake it good!
Formerly: Cat-Psivage

Re: Secret Avengers #26 (Booze to build confidence Spoilers)

Postby Psivage » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:29 am

I hope it is a swerve and it is Genis.

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1036 posts

Postby HNutz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:36 am

Psivage wrote:I hope it is a swerve and it is Genis.

I'd be cool with that.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:42 am

Yeah, Beast was pretty harsh on Captain Britain.

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1036 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Read it. Was not impressed.

While the art's better, it didn't feel like Secret Avengers. Not with Thor and Protector and Ms. Marvel...

I might be done with this soon...

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:55 pm

I think I'm the only person on the planet that likes Cat Beast...

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:12 pm

I enjoyed this issue. When it comes to the tie-ins to the main event this has been the only book so far that has done more than repeat the opening scene at the beach of Utopia.

That being said, Captain Marvel died and should stay dead. I'm really hoping this isn't him.

And my favorite scene was the way Hank lit into Brian. He nailed it dead on.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue May 01, 2012 12:32 am

Punchy wrote:Seeing Renato Guedes draw the wrong Beast reminded me of how much I dislike Cat-Beast. I’ve kind of accepted it’s existence, but seeing Monkey-Beast again just reminded me of how much cooler that version of the character is.

I've noticed a lot of Monkey-Beast lately. That's the version that showed up in Wolverine and the X-Men #9 (I even counted the fingers) and I was pretty certain that was the Beast that showed up in AvX #2.

Since I have a nice six month gap in my collection o' comics, I just thought I missed the revert but the podcast told me this was not so. So I'm going with silent editorial mandate to return Beast to his more traditional furry look.

And it's about damn time.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand