Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #685 (Union Jack is awesome Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Amazing Spider-Man #685 (Union Jack is awesome Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 04, 2012 12:49 pm

I guess we all suspected it, but it was good to have confirmation that yep, Doctor Octopus was up to no good. It was an interesting idea to have a villain who claimed to be saving the world, but in the end what we really want is for Ock to be the bad guy and for Spider-Man to beat his ass, and while that’s not happened yet, it’s coming. My favourite thing about this issue was Spider-Man’s big speech to the rag-tag group of heroes who agreed to help him, including Brit-favourite Union Jack. I wasn’t previously interested in the one-shot, but after that scene… I may well pick it up. There was one bum note in this issue however, which was Spider-Man and Silver Sable’s torture of Sandman, I can buy Sable doing it, but not Spidey, even though the stakes are very high here, he still wouldn’t resort to torture. Also, the scene where Silver Sable flirts with Spider-Man was kind of odd, it would be interesting to see them in a relationship, but I don’t think it would really work long-term. Ramos’ art was good, a big improvement over the last issue, which I felt was rushed. Here, he was back on top of his game.

Advertisement

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #685 (Union Jack is awesome Spoilers)

Postby mrorangesoda » Sun May 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Just read the last 4 issues. I'm really loving this story.
On torture- Sandman didn't scream and wasn't in any pain (because he's made of sand) and Spidey's internal monologue made it sound like they had the situation in hand and Flint just failed to call their bluff, so it didn't really bother me.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun May 06, 2012 12:37 pm

While I guess I don't care, the Spider-Man in comics for years and years now bearing little to no resemblance to the comic book hero I grew up with, what do you mean by him torturing Sandman exactly? It sounds dreadful when you say it like that!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun May 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:While I guess I don't care, the Spider-Man in comics for years and years now bearing little to no resemblance to the comic book hero I grew up with, what do you mean by him torturing Sandman exactly? It sounds dreadful when you say it like that!

Spider-Man and Silver Sable have him captured, and they threaten to pour acid all over him unless he tells them about Doc Ock's nefarious plans.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun May 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Punchy wrote:
Spider-Man and Silver Sable have him captured, and they threaten to pour acid all over him unless he tells them about Doc Ock's nefarious plans.

:shock:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun May 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Union Jack is awesome though, even though it's a new guy now.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 512 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sun May 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Punchy wrote:My favourite thing about this issue was Spider-Man’s big speech to the rag-tag group of heroes who agreed to help him, including Brit-favourite Union Jack. I wasn’t previously interested in the one-shot, but after that scene… I may well pick it up.

Which one-shot?
Image Image Image ImageImage

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun May 06, 2012 1:57 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Which one-shot?

There's an 'Ends Of The Earth' one-shot coming out between now and the next issue of ASM, it shows Union Jack, Big Hero 6 and some other international heroes trying to take down Doctor Octopus' drones.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 512 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sun May 06, 2012 2:05 pm

Punchy wrote:
There's an 'Ends Of The Earth' one-shot coming out between now and the next issue of ASM, it shows Union Jack, Big Hero 6 and some other international heroes trying to take down Doctor Octopus' drones.

Ah okay, I thought you meant one that already came out. Cool.
Image Image Image ImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand