Advertisement

Venom #17 (Cut the gibberish Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Venom #17 (Cut the gibberish Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Another very good issue of Venom, seriously, why aren’t more people reading this book? It’s excellent. This issue featured the formation of the Savage Six, and I really liked how the team’s coming together played out naturally and was based on what we’ve already seen in this title. It felt like everything up until now has been leading up to this arc. I think the new Jack O’Lantern may be my favourite villain in comics at the moment, he’s just so whacked out and crazy, and teaming up him and Crime-Master with the Human Fly makes a lot of sense. As does what happens to Eddie Brock at the end of this issue, I’ve liked his role as a sort of Punisher for Symbiotes, but in the end, he works best when he’s covered in an evil alien goo. This issue once again featured top-notch interior monologue and character details about Flash Thompson from Remender and new co-writer Cullen Bunn, Flash just feels so real and the addiction he’s going through is very effecting. I can’t wait to see what happens when the shit really hits the fan in this title, it’s going to be crazy.

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Venom #17 (Cut the gibberish Spoilers)

Postby Zechs » Sat May 05, 2012 1:17 am

Jack O'Lantern is a new goblin done right. It takes the concept of the goblin and puts a whole new spin on it. I loved him being in awe of the Tetris blocks.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand