Advertisement

Avengers Academy #29 (Naked Hercules Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers Academy #29 (Naked Hercules Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 04, 2012 12:55 pm

The shocking events of AvX impact the Avengers Academy, and things are surprisingly civil. The X-Kids from Utopia, including the cast of Generation Hope and a few other notables like Dust, are taken to the Academy not as prisoners, but just so they can be kept out of the war. Hercules tries to keep things light and attempts to set up a bit of friendly athletic competition, but with the likes of Surge and X23 around, that’s not going to happen. I was most interested in this issue by what was going on with Sebastian Shaw. His membership of Generation Hope was left as a dangling plot point when that book was cancelled, and it was great to see that explored here. That final page with the homage to the original Dark Phoenix arc was just brilliant, it sent shivers down my fanboy spine, especially since Tom Grummet’s art resembles John Byrne’s so closely. This was a good issue, but I think the real Avengers Vs X-Men hasn’t even begun yet when it comes to this title, it’s been peaceful so far, but that won’t last for long. Oh yeah, and Amadeus Cho got a mention, when’s he going to show up again? I miss that little psycho.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand