Advertisement

Ultimate Spider-Man #10 (Wow. What now? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Ultimate Spider-Man #10 (Wow. What now? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 04, 2012 1:01 pm

I really love the twist that Bendis has put on the old Spider-Man and his Uncle bit with the new Spidey. Miles’ Uncle Aaron is not a kindly old man or even a cool hippie, he’s a dodgy criminal who wants to use his nephew to settle scores. The scenes with those two fighting on the roof were excellent, with really strong dialogue, I particularly liked the fact that Aaron/The Prowler didn’t know whether or not to be pleased or worried that Nick Fury knew who he was. I also really liked that Aaron used Miles’ dad’s hatred of mutants as leverage over Miles, there’s a great amount of personal drama and history going on in this title after only 10 issues. David Marquez’s art was once again fantastic, the perfect replacement for Pichelli while she’s off drawing Spider-Men. I particularly liked the double page spread of Miles looking at the Triskelion as The Ultimates flew overhead, it really got across how the street-level Spider-Man is in a completely different world to the other superheroes.

Advertisement

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #10 (Wow. What now? Spoilers)

Postby ****** » Fri May 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Yeah, the uncle stuff is good.

So far I like this a lot more than the Ultimate Peter book.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #10 (Wow. What now? Spoilers)

Postby GOSD » Fri May 04, 2012 1:35 pm

amlah6 wrote:Yeah, the uncle stuff is good.

So far I like this a lot more than the Ultimate Peter book.

Agreed, it's good but not as good as original USM #1-50.

That stuff was gold.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand