Advertisement

Review Group Poll for May 9th

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late

Poll ended at Tue May 08, 2012 7:41 am

DAN THE UNHARMABLE #1
50%
DEATHSTROKE #9
7%
DEMON KNIGHTS #9
No votes
FRANKENSTEIN ALIVE, ALIVE! #1
14%
MARVEL ZOMBIES DESTROY! #1
14%
NIGHT OF 1,000 WOLVES #1
No votes
TAKIO #1
14%
TRIO #1
No votes
OTHER - Got a better idea? Post it in the thread.
No votes

Total votes : 14

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 61 posts

Review Group Poll for May 9th

Postby ****** » Sat May 05, 2012 7:41 am

The Review Group needs a comic to review (and people to review it!) next week. Vote for one of the selections provided or write in a vote of a single issue comic you believe would be more suitable.

DAN THE UNHARMABLE #1
Writer: David Lapham
Art: Rafael Ortiz
Eisner Award winning writer David Lapham delivers a fresh punch to the face with his new ongoing series about crime, family, and being a lazy, yet invulnerable, private detective. Dan is something of a hired man. Whatever one needs doing, be it detective work, muscle work, blackmail work, or bedroom work - Dan's your man. Dan’s not afraid of anything because Dan’s totally unharmable. You can beat him with sticks, stick him in the oven, throw him off a bridge, or shoot him in his noggin its all the same to Dan. He's never met an insult that bothered him or a person he cared about—at least for more than a night. Dan prefers not to be shackled down by worldly goods. He works for just enough dough to keep him in cigs and beer for a night or two, maybe a room, and he’s content. Dan's bohemian paradise is all about to change, however. You see, back before Dan was so unharmable he left a few loose ends. Now those loose ends are growing up and their mother's been murdered, which not only means that Dan has to solve his most personal case yet, he's now legally responsible for four human beings who are anything but unharmable.... Dan the Unharmable is a new ongoing series by noir legend, David Lapham featuring art by Rafael Ortiz.

DEATHSTROKE #9
Written by ROB LIEFELD
Art and cover by ROB LIEFELD
On sale MAY 9 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
• “LOBO HUNT” part one!
• For anybody else, hunting Lobo would be suicide. For DEATHSTROKE, it’s just business.

DEMON KNIGHTS #9
Written by PAUL CORNELL
Art by DIOGENES NEVES and OCLAIR ALBERT
Cover by MIKE CHOI
On sale MAY 9 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• “THE MURDER OF MERLIN” begins!
• Who has the power to murder Merlin – and what else are they capable of?

Steve Niles (w) • Bernie Wrightson (a & c)
Few works by comic-book artists have earned the universal acclaim and reverence that Bernie Wrightson's illustrated version of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley's Frankenstein was met with upon its original release in 1983.
Nearly 30 years later, Wrightson returns to his passion project with a comic series that picks up at the end of the classic novel, hailed as one of the greatest horror stories of all time. Frequent Wrightson collaborator Steve Niles provides the script for this epic, decades in the making.
While appearing to be in black and white, each page was scanned in color to mimic as closely as possible the experience of viewing the actual original art, showing off the exquisitely detailed brush work of one of the greatest living artists in comics today.
Each issue will also include supplemental materials, including interviews, essays and a serialization of the original prose story by Shelley.
B&W • 32 pages • $3.99

MARVEL ZOMBIES DESTROY! #1
FRANK MARRAFFINO (w) • MIRCO PIERFEDERICI (a)
Cover by MICHAEL DEL MUNDO • At long last! The BEST-SELLING Marvel Zombies franchise returns!
• A.R.M.O.R. is called upon to rescue a reality where the Nazis won WWII… with ZOMBIES!
• Howard the Duck brings in Nazi-fighter extraordinaire DUM DUM DUGAN and a squadron of fighters known as Ducky’s Dozen!
• SERIOUSLY, YOU GUYS! NAZI ZOMBIES!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

NIGHT OF 1,000 WOLVES #1
Bobby Curnow (w) • Dave Wachter (a & c)
In the Dark Ages, the tranquil life of Harrick Benjyon and his family is shattered by unthinkable tragedy. Before they can react, the family find themselves under seige by hordes of wolves with one aim. Death. A race for survival becomes all the more impossible by the arrival of the supernatural... and the dark secrets that lie at the heart of the Benjyon family. Another classic horror tale from the company that brought you 30 Days of Night and Locke & Key!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TAKIO #1
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • MICHAEL AVON OEMING (a/C)
Bursting from the pages of last year’s best-selling graphic novel! From the Eisner Award-winning creators of POWERS comes this all-new, all-ages superhero adventure for a new generation! Taki and Olivia are sisters with superpowers! In fact, they are the only ones in the world with superpowers! So obviously, they have to become superheroes! But is the world ready for real-life superheroes? Are the girls ready for the challenge? And will the accident that made them who they are reveal secrets that will change their lives forever? The answers are no, no and yes. This is a brand-new all-ages adventure. A new book for comic-book fans of all ages. A book you can share with your kids or just enjoy for yourself. TAKIO is on the 2012 YALSA Great Graphic Novels for Teens List!
40 PGS./All Ages …$3.95

TRIO #1
John Byrne (w & a & c)
ZAP! POW! BAM! -- are sound effects you may actually see in this series, as John Byrne returns to his roots with a brand-new superhero series. Their code names are simple ONE, TWO and THREE, but the world calls them ROCK, PAPER and SCISSORS. Together, they are Trio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Review Group Poll for May 9th

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat May 05, 2012 7:45 am

Voted for Dan because it has Outhouse on the cover and because there's a lot of shit up there in that poll.

Postby ****** » Sat May 05, 2012 7:55 am

You say shit, I say potential. Outhousers love to talk about Liefeld and Byrne, I thought they'd be a big draw. :wink:

I voted for Dan too.

Postby ****** » Sat May 05, 2012 7:59 am

See! Liestroke has a vote already. :-D

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat May 05, 2012 8:04 am

amlah6 wrote:You say shit, I say potential. Outhousers love to talk about Liefeld and Byrne, I thought they'd be a big draw. :wink:

I voted for Dan too.

Which of course I knew you would, compounding my vote against having to read next week's book in the shop because I refuse to spend money on that shit.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat May 05, 2012 8:05 am

Now I must go, all ur free heroclix will be mine.

Fucking president is going to be in the middle of my pirate route today, what a dick.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sat May 05, 2012 8:40 am

Went with Dan but intrigued about NIGHT OF 1,000 WOLVES
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 120 posts

Postby doombug » Sat May 05, 2012 12:04 pm

I voted for the zombies because it would make certain people angry. :lol:

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat May 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Yeah, pretty much anyone who'd pay money for that is going to end up feeling angry, I think.

Since all Marvel Zombies books are about the same, I wouldn't even have to read it.

Postby ****** » Sat May 05, 2012 1:06 pm

It's a Howard the Duck/Dum Dum Dugan team up! How can you not be excited for that?

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 120 posts

Postby doombug » Sat May 05, 2012 2:21 pm

amlah6 wrote:It's a Howard the Duck/Dum Dum Dugan team up! How can you not be excited for that?

by being Punchy? :smt102

Postby ****** » Sat May 05, 2012 2:47 pm

People need to get over it and let Punchy be Punchy.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 67 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sat May 05, 2012 9:45 pm

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Postby ****** » Sat May 05, 2012 11:32 pm

GLX wrote:FRANKENSTEIN ALIVE, ALIVE! #1

A wee bit surprised more people aren't pumped for Bernie Wrightson, but tbf, Dan the Unharmable is going to be the tits.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 328 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun May 06, 2012 12:43 am

GLX wrote:FRANKENSTEIN ALIVE, ALIVE! #1

Yeah really, god you all have horrible taste in comics.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand