Advertisement

Animal Man #9 (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Animal Man #9 (Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sat May 05, 2012 11:48 pm

This was such a great issue. I loved everything involving The Shepard and the Bone Yards. I can tell that it's going to be fun seeing him lead Buddy through the Red to the Totems. The stuff with Buddy's family and the villain that's in control of Buddy's body was also really great. I do have to say that I'm increasingly finding the grandmother to be really annoying though.

Then we come to the ending -- John Constatine has finally showed up. We knew he was coming due to the flash forward dream that Buddy had a couple of issues ago, but it was still a cool ending for this issue.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Re: Animal Man #9 (Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun May 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Another very good issue of Animal Man, made even better by the brilliant mention of Grant Morrison in the opening sequence. It’s so weird that that story is still in continuity, weird, but awesome. The rest of this issue is divided up into two parts, the first is Buddy’s strange adventures inside the Red, where he meets a weird goat person and all sorts of other weird shit happens. The other plot is back in the ‘real’ world as Ellen and the kids are on the run from Buddy’s body which has been possessed by the Rot. The Rot-Buddy is really creepy, I’m already scared to see how he attempts to lure Maxine into the Rot. Steve Pugh’s took over full-time on artwork this issue, and he did a good job, but I’ll miss Travel Foreman a lot I think, his style was so unique, it really added a lot to the strange tone of this book. Oh yeah, and at the end of this issue, Constantine shows up, that is great, every single comic book in the world is improved by a guest-appearance from John Constantine.

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Be the leaf

Re: Animal Man #9 (Spoilers)

Postby mrorangesoda » Sun May 06, 2012 11:45 pm

I'm looking forward to more fully drawn backgrounds by Steve Pugh. That's a nice addition to the book.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand