Advertisement

The Avengers Sets New Opening Weekend Record with $200.3M!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

The Avengers Sets New Opening Weekend Record with $200.3M!

Postby bkthomson » Sun May 06, 2012 10:44 am

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89933

Walt Disney Pictures is projecting that Marvel's The Avengers will earn an estimated $200.3 million at the domestic box office this weekend from 4,349 locations, making it the highest-grossing debut of all time! The previous record of $169.2 million was held by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 last year. "The Avengers" averaged $46,063 per theater in North America.

The movie has become the fastest to reach the $200 million mark domestically in three days.

"The Avengers," which received an A+ CinemaScore, will cross the $600 million global box office today after just 12 days of release! The film added another $151.5 million this weekend internationally and has reached $441.5 million overseas from 52 territories. The movie's estimated global total after today is $641.8 million!

The global box office for "The Avengers" has already surpassed the global box office totals of Captain America: The First Avengers ($364 million), Thor ($449 million), Iron Man ($585 million) and Iron Man 2 ($624 million).

"The Avengers" has also surpassed the international box office totals of Captain America: The First Avenger ($192 million), Iron Man ($266.7 million), Thor ($268.3 million) and Iron Man 2 ($311.5 million). The film had the biggest opening weekend of all time in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Central America, Peru, Bolivia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines. In Russia, the film earned $17.9 million.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Advertisement

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Re: The Avengers Sets New Opening Weekend Record with $200.3

Postby Starlord » Sun May 06, 2012 11:04 am

I just decided to go see it again this afternoon. I can't get anybody to go with me and I don't care. Gotta see it one more time this weekend. :smt007

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sun May 06, 2012 11:18 am

Starlord wrote:I just decided to go see it again this afternoon. I can't get anybody to go with me and I don't care. Gotta see it one more time this weekend. :smt007

I'd go see it with you if there was not a state between us.

Too bad my daughter is just a tad too young otherwise I'd take the whole family. :(
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun May 06, 2012 11:24 am

I just got a call from my husband's brother-in-law. Him and his boys are going with me! Woo Hoo!

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Sun May 06, 2012 11:26 am

6 films and a live action tv series!

:-D

/Abed'd

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun May 06, 2012 11:26 am

Now that I think about it, I should have invited Victorian Squid up for the weekend. I think we would have had a blast seeing it together.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sun May 06, 2012 11:26 am

Pretty good for a shitty movie!

/Jon'd

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun May 06, 2012 11:31 am

Starlord wrote:Now that I think about it, I should have invited Victorian Squid up for the weekend. I think we would have had a blast seeing it together.

That would have been fun! :-D

This weekend would have been unpossible, though, because I've been house and pet-sitting. I am considering going this afternoon after all, but chances are I'll wait a little longer and maybe see it during the week if I get the chance.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 30 posts

Postby KingPagla » Sun May 06, 2012 11:32 am

If I didn't have an paper to write I'd be watching again it right now. :x
This is the first movie in a loooong time that I wanted to see a second time in the theaters.

Maybe if I finish this paper (and another project due Wed) by tomorrow I'll go on Tues.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 307 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun May 06, 2012 11:32 am

bkthomson wrote:

I'd go see it with you if there was not a state between us.

Too bad my daughter is just a tad too young otherwise I'd take the whole family. :(

Why I'm going to the drive in.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Sun May 06, 2012 11:33 am

Holland Oats wrote:Pretty good for a shitty movie!

/Jon'd

:roll:

burn...

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun May 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I am considering going this afternoon after all, but chances are I'll wait a little longer and maybe see it during the week if I get the chance.

Yep, not going today because people want to see it in IMAX and I just want to see it in 2D really. All the talk of The Avengers and not much talk about whether it's worth it to see it in IMAX format or not. I guess most people want the full 3D experience?

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby PDH » Sun May 06, 2012 1:02 pm

3D was the best I've seen. I've not seen much in 3D, though because I've had a few bad experiences with it.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Sun May 06, 2012 1:14 pm

PDH wrote:3D was the best I've seen. I've not seen much in 3D, though because I've had a few bad experiences with it.

I generally avoid it.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun May 06, 2012 1:14 pm

PDH wrote:3D was the best I've seen. I've not seen much in 3D, though because I've had a few bad experiences with it.

Thanks for the report, I saw two movies only in 3D and I didn't think it enhanced either of them and in fact made some of the images muddy. But one was definitely just a conversion job (Star Wars). Both those times were at the behest of the people I saw them with, and I didn't really feel like I got much out of the 3D angle. This time, I figure I could see it both ways if I want to but I may as well see it in 2D first because I am inclined to. Also I don't know the full group of people going to see it in 3D later today, so I don't really feel like I have to go to make any one person happy.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum