Advertisement

Sweet Tooth #33 (He's gotta hibernate Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Sweet Tooth #33 (He's gotta hibernate Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun May 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Jeff Lemire revisits the story-book technique he used a while back for this issue, and once again, it was effective, the child-friendly tone of the narration contrasts really well with the grim setting. I will say that I find reading a comic book in land-scape format rather uncomfortable, but that’s just my hands, not any comment on the quality of the book. This issue wraps up the events at the Dam and moves the book towards it’s next big story, which is everyone heading to Alaska once and for all. Lucy’s funeral scene was very emotional, as was the farewells to Bobby and Johnny, especially when you consider that the arrival of his brother (AKA ‘The Bad Man’) to the dam means they’re probably dead now. I was also very intrigued by Doctor Singh’s arrival in Alaska, I’m glad that the book put the mythological crazy biblical stuff on the back-burner for a while, but it’s good to have it back, Lemire is doing brilliantly in how he’s balancing the small and the big stuff. Lemire’s art was even better than usual in this issue too, one thing about the landscape format is that it allows artists some really good scope for splash pages.

Advertisement

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: Sweet Tooth #33 (He's gotta hibernate Spoilers)

Postby The Bass » Mon May 07, 2012 11:56 am

The Book has been cancelled

Moonbeam
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Moonbeam » Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 am

Not canceled. It's just the end of the story - it was always going to have an ending, and Jeff told me awhile ago that he was ending it at #40.
- Vaneta Rogers

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 120 posts

Postby doombug » Tue May 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Moonbeam wrote:Not canceled. It's just the end of the story - it was always going to have an ending, and Jeff told me awhile ago that he was ending it at #40.

Good to see you back around here. Sadly you responded to a poster who wont listen to actual logic though.

but, welcome back!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand