Advertisement

JLI #9 (Chillax Breakdown Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

JLI #9 (Chillax Breakdown Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun May 06, 2012 2:17 pm

My only previous experience with the new version of OMAC is his guest-appearance in Frankenstein, where he landed out of nowhere and fought Frank. He does the same to the JLI in this issue, is that all he does? I suppose I’ll have to learn something about him now since it looks like he’s going to become a member of the team. I found it interesting that Batman seems to have something to do with the creation of OMAC and possibly Brother Eye. I had assumed that dick-move from Bats would have been erased, but obviously not. But still, any OMAC appearance in the JLI has to ring some alarm bells, where the heck is Maxwell Lord? I liked that this issue featured narration from Godiva, it’s cool that the book is finally getting around to focussing on some of the newer characters rather than just being the Booster Gold show (as much as I love Booster). However, the villains in this book continue to be pretty lame, and the last page made me roll my eyes a little, there are 3 Firestorms now? What the hell?

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 485 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: JLI #9 (Chillax Breakdown Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:54 am

I take it you're not reading Firestorm ? There are numerous Firestorms: one for almost every "major" country with nuclear capability, and several rogue Firestorms (created with stolen Firestorm protocols) that are turning out to be suicide bombers 8)
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 93 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Mon May 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Have you seen firestorm sales numbers?

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 485 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:41 pm

:lol: :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Mon May 07, 2012 1:42 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I take it you're not reading Firestorm ? There are numerous Firestorms: one for almost every "major" country with nuclear capability, and several rogue Firestorms (created with stolen Firestorm protocols) that are turning out to be suicide bombers 8)

THat sounds interesting...

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 93 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:21 pm

It sounds depressing. Flame top is supposed to be a fun book. At least in my opinion.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed May 09, 2012 5:44 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:I take it you're not reading Firestorm ? There are numerous Firestorms: one for almost every "major" country with nuclear capability, and several rogue Firestorms (created with stolen Firestorm protocols) that are turning out to be suicide bombers 8)

I'm not reading Firestorm no, I don't like Gail Simone (and I know she's not on it now).

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed May 09, 2012 8:10 am

Punchy wrote:But still, any OMAC appearance in the JLI has to ring some alarm bells, where the heck is Maxwell Lord?

I'm sure he'll show up again at some point. He made several appearances in the OMAC series.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand