Advertisement

The Marvel Universe on Disney XD Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 66 posts

Re: The Marvel Universe on Disney XD Thread!

Postby holtom2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 pm

So music from the avengers facebook game in the cartoon. I find that funny

Advertisement

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 434 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:44 pm

So I enjoyed both shows today, not as much as I enjoyed the DC Nation shows yesterday but that seems to be becoming a trend for me.

I like Avengers EMH, it was a very "sentimental" episode as my wife called it. At some points though I was actually kinda bored with it. Luke Cage and Iron Fist were fun, and I would definitely watch a Heroes For Hire show featuring these guys each week. Scott Lang and Hank Pym just fell flat for me, they seemed kind unemotional to me in an episode that was written to be really emotional. I did like the foreshadowing of the scene with the yellow jacket in the background when Pym was in his lab, that was cool.

I thought Ultimate Spider-Man was just way to silly this week, even Connor wasn't into this episode like he has been for the others. This was really disappointing to me because I really love Taskmaster but he was just so cheesy in this episode. When you compare the kids in this show to the kids in Young Justice there just really is no comparison, YJ is definitely the far superior show to USM.

The Marvel Mash-Up this week with Mysterio farting all over the place was really funny to me though. Also enjoyed seeing J Scott Campbell drawing Iron Fist as I think he is an excellent artist.
ImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 445 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Tee-Roy'd wrote:Also enjoyed seeing J Scott Campbell drawing Iron Fist as I think he is an excellent artist.

Did he actually finish it?? or did they have to come back to it all the time like his Spiderman mini...

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby troysshr » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:
Did he actually finish it?? or did they have to come back to it all the time like his Spiderman mini...

:lol:
ImageImageImage

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby troysshr » Sun May 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Had to work this morning so I just got to watch the shows a little while ago.

Ultimate Spider-Man was just a really fun but really annoying episode today. I like Hulk and "Bug-Man" just running around NY smashing stuff was cool and fun. What annoyed me though was the seeing everything through Mary Janes video camera thing. That shit annoys me in all the hand held shaky cam films and it annoyed me hear. I want to like this show more but it really is just to silly for its on good.

Avengers EMH was excellent today, loved seeing the Guardians of the Galaxy and thus expanded on this Universe big time. Hulk surprising Tony with some actual intelligence was great, so I am assuming that Tony must not know who Hulk really is or how smart Banner actually is. I hope Ms Marvel will officially join the team some time soon, she is great in every episode she is in. Not sure how close to the source material this episode was because I have never read the Korvac stuff, but I did enjoy this episode so I might try to check out the comics.

All said and done it was another great weekend of cartoon viewing!
ImageImageImage

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 36 posts

Postby KingPagla » Sun May 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Tee-Roy'd wrote:Had to work this morning so I just got to watch the shows a little while ago.

Ultimate Spider-Man was just a really fun but really annoying episode today. I like Hulk and "Bug-Man" just running around NY smashing stuff was cool and fun. What annoyed me though was the seeing everything through Mary Janes video camera thing. That shit annoys me in all the hand held shaky cam films and it annoyed me hear. I want to like this show more but it really is just to silly for its on good.

Avengers EMH was excellent today, loved seeing the Guardians of the Galaxy and thus expanded on this Universe big time. Hulk surprising Tony with some actual intelligence was great, so I am assuming that Tony must not know who Hulk really is or how smart Banner actually is. I hope Ms Marvel will officially join the team some time soon, she is great in every episode she is in. Not sure how close to the source material this episode was because I have never read the Korvac stuff, but I did enjoy this episode so I might try to check out the comics.

All said and done it was another great weekend of cartoon viewing!

Didn't resemble the original story much at all.
Only in that is had a ridiculously powerful normal looking guy named Michael Korvac, and a group called the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 433 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Mon May 07, 2012 7:50 am

I've never cared for Michael Korvac and this was no exception.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 994 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon May 07, 2012 8:09 am

Tee-Roy'd wrote:I hope Ms Marvel will officially join the team some time soon, she is great in every episode she is in.

I thought that Ms. Marvel was asked to join the Avengers and she accepted the invitation during the Kree episode. Plus, hasn't she been added to the final part of the opening credits where the team assembles?

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 433 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Mon May 07, 2012 8:13 am

Ultimate Spider-man was better than usual, because they didn't do any of the stupid cut a way gags.

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Mon May 07, 2012 8:27 am

Sakie wrote:
I thought that Ms. Marvel was asked to join the Avengers and she accepted the invitation during the Kree episode. Plus, hasn't she been added to the final part of the opening credits where the team assembles?

She has been. She's shown flying on the right hand side.

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby troysshr » Mon May 07, 2012 9:16 am

Sakie wrote:

I may have missed that since I wasn't at home when watching that episode and I normally fastforward through the opening credits. I have it recorded so I will go back and watch the episode again later.
ImageImageImage

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 339 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:15 am

I really dislike how they still portray Jan as basically 'Paris Hilton with wings'.
And Dear God. Would a socialite really be caught dead in that Halloween costume with the stupid antenna-ears that she wears ? :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby troysshr » Mon May 07, 2012 10:18 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:I really dislike how they still portray Jan as basically 'Paris Hilton with wings'.
And Dear God. Would a socialite really be caught dead in that Halloween costume with the stupid antenna-ears that she wears ? :lol:

Agreed. Everyone else got tweaks to their costume for season two, she surely would want to change her look too. I mean that was a main component of the her character for years that she did change her costume so much!
ImageImageImage

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 172 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon May 07, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm almost as sick of Carol as I am of Luke Cage at this point.

Hab

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Mon May 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Rockman wrote:I've never cared for Michael Korvac and this was no exception.

I had to wiki him. I'd never heard of him before
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum