Advertisement

New Avengers #26 SPOILERS

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

New Avengers #26 SPOILERS

Postby habitual » Wed May 09, 2012 3:33 pm

This is without a doubt the most enjoyable storyline I've read since Bendis took over the Avenger's titles.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

The big surprise this issue is that the Yu-Ti sends a messenger to Leonardo Da Vinci and invites him to come K'un Lun to observe Fongji. The scene were she is begins her training as Iron Fist I thought was written about as well as it could be.

Yu-Ti takes Fongji to the scrying pool where she has a vision of the approaching Phoenix, he then tells her it's time to confront Shao Lao and when she finally emerges she can speak.

I'll say this, Bendis is better known for his criminal/cop stories, but, he really knows how to write a good Kung Fu storyline.

I'm really looking forward to the next issue, which is the first time I've said that since Bendis has been on the title.

Who knew an event comic could have such a positive influence on an existing run?!

Hab

Advertisement

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Re: New Avengers #26 SPOILERS

Postby DeadFett » Wed May 09, 2012 11:18 pm

The past two issues have been the best New Avengers has been in a long time. Bendis has been surprisingly good on this tie-in. Reading this makes me miss Brubaker/Fraction and Aja's Iron Fist book though.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 17 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu May 10, 2012 11:08 am

Really surprised at how good the last two issues have been. Figures Bendis finally turns it on when he's headed out the door..

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri May 11, 2012 1:45 pm

I’m really enjoying this AvX tie-in, even though it’s set 100s of years before the events of the mini-series, it’s just a hell of a lot of fun and it’s great to see previously unconnected parts of the Marvel Universe come together. Not only do we have the newly-revealed connection between the Phoenix and the Iron Fist, but now Leonardo Da Vinci, in full-on SHIELD super-scientist mode is involved. It’s issues like this that make the title of ‘Architect’ fit for Bendis and Hickman, they really are designing this story and building it from the ground up. I may not be the biggest fan of Hickman’s SHIELD, but it was still thrilling to see Da Vinci show up. Continuity used in a good way. I still wonder how the events of this arc will impact what’s going on in the main story, the cover shows Danny Rand helping Hope, but we haven’t seen that happen yet, will it ever? Is the cover just a metaphor?

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand