Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.
This thread will contain SPOILERS!!! And lots of them. If you haven't read this week's comics yet, go read them before continuing into this thread, or risk being spoiled!
PLEASE NOTE!!!!!! Remember to include the title and issue number of the comic you are nominating. Otherwise I will be forced to disqualify your nomination, and nobody wants that! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Rules: 1. Each nomination must be a moment in a comic released the week of the thread. This does not include weekly previews, trade paperbacks, or back issue digests.
2. Everyone can make ONE nomination. You can either nominate a moment yourself or second/third/fourth/fifth an already existing nomination. However, second/third/fourth/fifth will not count per nominating and thus earn entry above in Top Nominations. You want in that list you must nominate something.
3. It must be an actual moment involving the actions or statements of a comic character in an issue. No "This writer returns to the series", "this artist draws this character", "the book is better", etc.
4. If you want to change your nomination, there are a few factors involved: ---> A) No one can have seconded your nom. ---> B) If it is clear for you to change your nom, you must edit your original post or the new post will be disqualified as being a double nomination. ---> C) You can change your second, third, etc. by editing your original post before the nomination period ends.
Moments on the poll do not have to be seconded. If there is room in the poll, moments that were nominated but not seconded will be added based on the order they were nominated.
6. Again, please be specific on the comic title, issue number and moment. Also be clear that you are actually nominating or seconding something ... statements such as "Yeah, that was a cool moment" aren't clear. You must nominate a single moment in the comic and can't nominate the whole issue. Once more, if you don’t include the issue and number the moment will not be included.
7. The thread for nominations will go up on Wednesday (new comic day) at 11:00 PM (Central) or when Zechs arrives later that night and posts in the previous week thread announcing voting is closed. The nominations will go until 2:00 PM (Central Time) Sunday Afternoon, or whenever Zechs arrives and will post in the thread stating, “It’s over.” and will start the poll. If a new comic day falls on a holiday week in American, then the thread will be made for that day (be it Tuesday or Thursday). Regardless, nominations will STILL conclude on Saturday deadline.
8. Please be civil when commenting on other people's nominations. But feel free to discuss them in this thread.
9. In case there is debate on WHEN exactly a title came out, http://www.midtowncomics.com" target="_blank" target="_blank or the official websites of said publishers (be it Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, etc.) will be the final word on the quarrel.
10. Any nominations not following the above rules will be disqualified. Unless of course if Zechs, who is feeling sad for the person who missed the rule and might give them time to provide the correction. Then he will pester Starlord into putting the nomination in the poll. Of course this wouldn’t be a problem if Zechs wasn’t granted the glorious powers of a moderator, which one day such power will be Zechs, oh yes they will his.
11. If at five nominations are not made, Zechs will choose some, but they will all count as one nomination, not multiple thus making sure balance is preserved.
12. AKA the Rulk rule. If several moments are tied past the deadline of 11:00 PM (Central Time) Wednesday (or holiday date when new comics arrive in the US) or when Zechs arrives that night, then voting will continue on in sudden death for eight more hours, until one is decided. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE. If one isn’t still decided, then Zechs will provide the deciding vote regardless if he has voted already.