Advertisement

Wolverine and the X-Men #10

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu May 10, 2012 11:09 am

Jesus, this book is gorgeous. I know Bachalo isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I love him, and he is at the top of his game right now. Even his haters have to agree that his stuff the last two issues has been much clearer.

This might be my favorite issue yet of this book. So much ground covered.. The Scott/Logan talk was great, and I think Scott was actually written like a real person rather than as a plot device for a change. Still think he is toeing the line of villainy lately with his actions and lunacy, but he basically admits as such here and gives insight into why he's doing what he's doing.

The Angel/Kid Apocalypse stuff was also really good... Very interesting that Aaron is kind of playing the two of them together.. Both pretty lost in this world, and with people thinking they are something they may or may not be. I have a feeling the more Evan finds out about Apocalypse, the closer we'll get to some bad shit happening. The kid is a time bomb. Although it would be interesting if Aaron didn't go the predictable route with him, and have him deny his destiny.

Also.. Scott's "You've got a Krakoa? Where did you get a Krakoa?" line was awesome.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1065 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Wolverine and the X-Men #10

Postby Grayson » Thu May 10, 2012 11:44 am

Holland Oats wrote:Jesus, this book is gorgeous. I know Bachalo isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I love him, and he is at the top of his game right now. Even his haters have to agree that his stuff the last two issues has been much clearer.

I definitely agree with you about Bachalo's art and while I know a lot of people here will disagree with me, I actually prefer his art on this title to Bradshaw's.

One of my favorite moments of the book came towards the end when Wolverine assumed that everyone at his school was on his side. I really loved the panel where Bobby tells Logan that he never stopped believing in Scott, he just went with Logan because he needed him at the time. Now Scott needs Bobby. Also, I really enjoyed the panel where Rachel told Wolverine that she knows the Phoenix can be controlled because she has done it before. I just really enjoyed the fact that some of Wolverine's X-Men choose to side with Scott...although, in retrospect they probably should have spoken up sooner. You know, before Magik teleported Scott's team away.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 838 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu May 10, 2012 12:16 pm

I won't get to the store til next week, who sided with Scott? According to the Kegacy preview some teachers left to join the battle.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 48 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu May 10, 2012 1:16 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I won't get to the store til next week, who sided with Scott? According to the Kegacy preview some teachers left to join the battle.

I don't have it on me, but IIRC

Rachel
Bobby
Chamber
Gambit

SilverPhoenix
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Harbinger of the Ponypocalyse
Formerly: Lord Solaris, Discord

Postby SilverPhoenix » Thu May 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Sakie wrote:
I definitely agree with you about Bachalo's art and while I know a lot of people here will disagree with me, I actually prefer his art on this title to Bradshaw's.

One of my favorite moments of the book came towards the end when Wolverine assumed that everyone at his school was on his side. I really loved the panel where Bobby tells Logan that he never stopped believing in Scott, he just went with Logan because he needed him at the time. Now Scott needs Bobby. Also, I really enjoyed the panel where Rachel told Wolverine that she knows the Phoenix can be controlled because she has done it before. I just really enjoyed the fact that some of Wolverine's X-Men choose to side with Scott...although, in retrospect they probably should have spoken up sooner. You know, before Magik teleported Scott's team away.

And just for that I have to give Jason Aaron props for not ignoring this EXTREMELY important part of continuity that has continue to gnaw away at the very plausibility of Avengers Vs. X-Men since the whole entire premise was announced. Of course, this doesn't excuse the fact that it seems like Rachel's storyline took place in a vacuum since she's used the Phoenix Force in New York enough times for Captain America and Iron Man to be aware of the basics (which could've easily been solved in 30 words or less), nor the massive amounts of Out of Character writing that's taken place in the first 3 issues of the main book of the story, but this at least improves the plausibility of AvX on the surface level, something that needed to happen yesterday.
Last edited by SilverPhoenix on Thu May 10, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Thu May 10, 2012 1:46 pm

What is going on with Husk?
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 512 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu May 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Holland Oats wrote:I don't have it on me, but IIRC

Rachel
Bobby
Chamber
Gambit

according to legacy the only teachers that went were Rachel, and Bobby, Angel left as well.

Chamber agreed with cyclops, but knows that they need to keep the kids safe, same with Gambit, both are shown AFTER Rachel and Bobby leave in Legacy

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Thu May 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Both this issue and Legacy were probably my favorite issues of the books since they started their new directions.

Loved 'em.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 171 posts

Postby doombug » Thu May 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Holland Oats wrote:I don't have it on me, but IIRC

Rachel
Bobby
Chamber
Gambit

I know it seemed like Chamber was going but he actually stayed at the school via both this and Legacy. :smt102

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 171 posts

Postby doombug » Thu May 10, 2012 2:31 pm

And this was easily one of the best tie in books next to the New Avengers arc by far.

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby The Bass » Fri May 11, 2012 8:36 am

Angel and Genesis. I was like, Awwwwww

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1065 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri May 11, 2012 8:44 am

The Bass wrote:Angel and Genesis. I was like, Awwwwww

I know, there is something about the dynamic of their friendship that I really like. Perhaps it is because in their previous lives, Apocalypse corrupted Angel, the potential now exists for Angel to be an actual friend/mentor to Evan, maybe to help him avoid becoming Apocalypse.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 88 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri May 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Yet again, W&XM kicks a whole lot of ass, this book is just brilliant, perhaps my favourite X-book ever. This issue is of course an AvX tie-in, but there’s a lot more to it than that, as Aaron continues to develop his running subplots, in particular Angel and Genesis and their budding friendship, which is worrying, but also quite sweet. But the real meat here was Avengers Vs X-Men, and who’s side Wolverine is on. Cyclops comes to the school to try and fix things between him and Logan, or at least get them on the same side. It’s a fascinating conversation between the two, and although it fails, it sets up a great character conflict for Wolverine, and given what happened in AvX #3 when Captain America kicked him out of a plane, I reckon Wolverine might be reconsidering Cyclops’ offer. It was also cool that a couple of the X-Men who sided with Wolverine in the Schism chose to go and fight alongside Scott, just because they may disagree on one issue doesn’t mean they can’t agree on another, and it’s cool that Aaron has managed to resist over-simplifying the split and it’s not just pure hate. Or at least it’s only pure hate from Wolverine. Bachalo’s art was as idiosyncratically excellent as usual, but did have trouble following that double-page spread where Wolverine and Cyclops walked through the school, it kind of snaked it’s way round, but I initially read it wrong.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand