Advertisement

The Ultimates #10 (Next in line Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

The Ultimates #10 (Next in line Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 11, 2012 1:50 pm

This was another excellent issue of Ultimates, and I really liked that it dropped the more esoteric semi-cosmic stuff with The City and The Children and whatever, and instead focussed on the immediate characters in danger, and also the crazy situation that spins out of Reed Richards blowing up The White House and the rest of Capitol Hill. We saw the real human impact, not just in the excellent pages which showed what some people were doing right before they were disintegrated, but also in the shock of the man who had just become President. The stuff with the Ultimates themselves was also excellent, having the tables turned and them being on the run from SHIELD is a lot of fun and Nick Fury was a total bad-ass in that scene. Bringing back Tony Stark’s tumor was a good development too, and it was interesting how it manifested itself, with him talking to himself as a child. I wonder if this improved focus on character was down to the introduction of Sam Humphries as co-writer? I’m not familiar with his work, but the more down-to-Earth feel here wasn’t very Hickman-like. I was glad also to see a member of the Fantastic Four other than Reed finally show up, it makes sense that with Reed as a villain that the others should be involved, but Sue and Ben have been nowhere to be seen (Johnny is over in Ultimate X-Men). And then at the end… Christ, I’d almost forgotten about Thor’s kid being trapped in a tree, so much stuff has happened in this book.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 406 posts

Re: The Ultimates #10 (Next in line Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Fri May 11, 2012 1:57 pm

This was an awesome issue. I totally forgot that thors kid was in the world tree. I was trying to figure out what that was about.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand