Advertisement

Demon Knights #9 (Glad I shot you Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Demon Knights #9 (Glad I shot you Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat May 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Now that this book has broken out of the initial battle it was stuck in for the first 7 or so issues, I’m enjoying it a fair bit more. I’m really liking how Cornell is expanding the world of the Medieval DCU and doing some unexpected stuff. For example, the city of Alba Sarum we’ve been hearing so much about was founded by two women, Alba and Sarum who are in love with each other, but cannot marry until the city is proclaimed ‘the new Camelot’, you expect a lot of things when reading a fantasy story, but not open Lesbianism, pretty interesting, if not exactly accurate to history, but then again, Demons and Amazons don’t exist, so why quibble. Alba and Sarum send the Demon Knights off on a quest to Avalon to resurrect Merlin, which of course, ain’t gonna be easy, especially when Etrigan is betraying the team to Lucifer (who looked as camp as ever). I liked that this issue still found time for character moments, like the reveal about Al Jabr being a pseudonym, or Ystin talking to his/her horse. The only negative in this issue really was that the art looked very scratchy in some places, not very polished.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand