Sunday, August 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Putting the yellow back into journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

X-Factor #236 (A life of heroic vigilance Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun May 20, 2012 9:47 am

A pretty forgettable issue of X-Factor really, as it was mainly focused on the fight between Shatterstar and Scattershot, but there were a few cool moments. I continue to really like the way PAD is poking fun at ‘real life’ superheroes, Lord Defender is particularly hilarious, it would be awesome if he just up and joined X-Factor permanently, he can be their mascot! Who was that who talked Far Sight into killing himself? Was it Tripp? The version of Tripp who followed Madrox over from an alternate universe? If so, I’m rather confused about his motives, is he working with Mojo? There are too many wheels in motion! Oh yeah, and I also really liked the way Scattershot claimed that Earth was the same as MojoWorld, that was some cool satire. Maybe this issue wasn’t that forgettable after all, I may have been too harsh.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun May 20, 2012 9:53 am

This issue was great, and this arc has been awesome. PAD's been on a major roll for several arcs now.

Amazing book.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Holland Oats wrote:This issue was great, and this arc has been awesome. PAD's been on a major roll for several arcs now.

Amazing book.

As usual, I agree with Chris.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun May 20, 2012 2:19 pm

I said it at the other board as well, but I really think PAD's current run (and especially if you count his original X-Factor run) is up there with Claremont's iconic Uncanny run for best X-runs of all-time.

The sheer amount of ground PAD is covering, and the amount of ideas he is dropping into each arc is brilliant. And, much like with Hickman in the FF thread, I love that style of writing.. sprinkling plot threads throughout your run that you can pick up on at a later date. PAD does that very well. I feel like this would make for a great couple omnibuses if they ever collected it. Or even some oversized HC's. It deserves some oversized format. Except the shitty Secret Invasion arc. That's an aberration.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun May 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Holland Oats wrote:I said it at the other board as well, but I really think PAD's current run (and especially if you count his original X-Factor run) is up there with Claremont's iconic Uncanny run for best X-runs of all-time.

The sheer amount of ground PAD is covering, and the amount of ideas he is dropping into each arc is brilliant. And, much like with Hickman in the FF thread, I love that style of writing.. sprinkling plot threads throughout your run that you can pick up on at a later date. PAD does that very well. I feel like this would make for a great couple omnibuses if they ever collected it. Or even some oversized HC's. It deserves some oversized format. Except the shitty Secret Invasion arc. That's an aberration.

I agree completely. Plus the insane amount of characters on top of the already large cast that he's able to play with is just awesome.

I really think it has been and will continue to the the most well rounded x-book.

leave a comment with facebook