Advertisement

Green Lantern Corps #9 (The verdict's in Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Green Lantern Corps #9 (The verdict's in Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon May 21, 2012 8:44 am

The trial of John Stewart! It’s really cool how the events of the first arc, which was pretty average in a lot of ways have reverberated like this and what at the time seemed like just one moment has become a huge deal that’s going to lead into a war. That’s good writing from Tomasi. It’s also cool how it’s not clear that John is in the right or not, yes, he says it was the only way to save the whole world, but was it? He still killed one of his own, complicated stuff from a book about people with magic green rings. It still weirds me out that Guy Gardner has become a voice of reason though, I kind of miss douchebag Guy. I know it’s good that he’s had character development and all that, but it’s not as funny.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1466 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Green Lantern Corps #9 (The verdict's in Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Mon May 21, 2012 8:49 am

Since I dropped this series after the first arc, I am not up to speed on current events. However, I am curious if they have mentioned John killing Mogo yet. It seems to me that if he is going to go on trail for killing another member of the corps, they would at least bring up the fact that John Stewart kills entire planets.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Mon May 21, 2012 8:56 am

Sakie wrote:Since I dropped this series after the first arc, I am not up to speed on current events. However, I am curious if they have mentioned John killing Mogo yet. It seems to me that if he is going to go on trail for killing another member of the corps, they would at least bring up the fact that John Stewart kills entire planets.

John mentioned himself, basically 'first Xanshi, then Mogo, now this'.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1466 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon May 21, 2012 9:01 am

Punchy wrote:John mentioned himself, basically 'first Xanshi, then Mogo, now this'.

Well that's interesting. Now, is this trial all in relation to the member of the Corps that he was forced to kill while being held captive by the Keepers? If so, then it seems to me that John should be excused for the same reasons that he was excused for killing Mogo.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand